Estate agents (Fife) - Unauthorised SO

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4481 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Just back from holidays (where I've not been able to check my online bank account), been worrying about money and if I had enough to last, as I was sure there was around £250 missing from my account. Initially I chalked it up to spending too much, but when I checked my bank account, I realised [edit] and Co had taken a months rent payment that they were not due.

I just finished my lease on 26th Feb, obviously paying rent in advance, so paid (what I thought) was my last months rent on the 23rd January.

Now...other than the worry it caused me, and making me tighten my purse strings without need whilst on holiday, no bank charges or anything like that were created. So, What can I demand from them? Obviously I want the rent payment back, but would also like compensation of some sort. Am I likely (or liable) to get it from [edit] and Co, or would I have to go to the small claims court, and then what would I be likely to get?

Thanks in advance. This is just yet another piece of unprofessionalism from these monkeys, dog hair in fridge/washing machine/EVERYWHERE (but not in the property report!) when we moved in, to unauthorised rent payments when we move out, plus everything else in between. Jokers.

Edited by honeybee13
Removing company name as a precaution.

A standing order WILL be paid until YOU stop it at the bank.

SO, it is your fault at the end of the day, not theirs.

When did it leave? You might be able to recall it with your bank.

Just realised that mate, and cancelled it thanks. Left on the 23rd, so no chance.

Stupid mistake from me, but I don't subscribe to any professional code of conduct. They were on the phone to me fast enough when they thought I had missed a months rent (I hadn't). If I hadn't noticed this, would they just keep the money?

Edited by honeybee13
Unnecessary comment.