Tax credit fraud!!

ECB49
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4271 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Cab advised i write in and admit falsey claiming . Wish she would of called for me tbf :( .

Now to write letter and admit im a idiot . They told me not to offer to pay it back just admit it and say i will be not be applying for a joint claim as we are not a couple but i cant prove it .

As much help as a chocolate tea pot lol ....

Im praying it does not go to court but not heard of anyone on here who has been took to court .

xx

Good luck ladies ... hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel for us all xx

No as far as I know it's people that claim hb and ct that get took to court (I.e me)!!! You shd be ok I've not gone to ca coz a lot of people say they don't help!! Ur prob have to pay back wars owed coz uve admitted u done it but they won't take much off u so I really wouldn worry,

I've changed all mine over now so just waiting to hear back from council wat there deciding to do, I really didn't want to change it all but at same time didn't want to accur getting into any more trouble than wat I am esp coz he will still be coming and going and I won't be dictated to by them who I can or can't have in my house when he not even supporting me in that way. I may of made a situation look worse but like u I have admitted he comes and goes so I'm hoping that goes in my favour, but doubt it knowing my luck

Fingers crossed for us all eh.

Torment does not describe it im losing my mind , he didnt call bk from tax credits so letter it is .

Im praying i get a telling off and fine cuz i would lose my job which i luv .

Thinking of u both xx

they have just rang she asked why i hadnt stopped claiming as a single person i said that things just got out of hand and i kept putting it off and she said so you were doing it for the money? i then said yes because i couldnt say anything else really she said that my claim is now finished and that someone will be contacting me to try and get the money back and to decide what to do next have i got any savings? which i replied no she said paying off a lump sum might be helpful she doesnt know how far back they will go and couldnt tell me what was going to happen as it was alot of money then told me i could claim as a couple but if i tried to claim i was single it would flag up! and that was that all i can think now is that i shouldnt of told CAB it was 5 years as it looks like i am in serious trouble i know without fail i will be the one person who does get sent to prison as an example to others - i still havent told my partner or anyone else as i am so ashamed i am at my wits end

God i hope not mate .

I think they will punish u financially if anything , me on the other hand is screwed .

If it goes on credit searches im done for big time .

Did she say how long it would take to hear ???

I'm like u screwed I will be completely shocked if mine ain't taken to court seeing as tho council take it to court for payments over 2000!!! I've got another week to go to find out

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I would give you all an update, rec'd my notice to pay which was £13,000 and have just phoned them, spoke to a really lovely lady who asked me how much could I afford to pay, told her at a push £50 per month, she then asked me for my income/expenditure which I had ready and after we went through it all she agreed with that amount and has set up a direct debit :):) I'm so happy its finally been sorted out, its like a weight of of my shoulders, I know its going to be a struggle but after all the stress and worry over the last few months I might actually get a nights sleep without waking up and the first thing I think of is the bloody tax credit office! Good luck to you all out there and I really hope you all get the outcome you want!! :) xx

Hi

Thats great news , im pleased for you .

Just a quick question i think im right in saying you to also wrote to them , did they call you or just send this letter . Nearlly 2 weeks now since i sent it im stressing lol

Thx

Hi

they didnt ring me they just sent a letter. My letter to them was sent at end of March and they didn't reply to me until 11th April, but my initial investigation started on the 8th March! It might be taking a little while because everyone is renewing their tax credits and they are probably busy.

I know its easy for me to say try not to worry but like ECB49 i also owe £13,000 and its just great to know its nearly over, well except the repayment amount which i'm gonna dispute!

G

xo