Tax credit fraud!!

ECB49
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4267 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey i'll keep watching for up-dates. I read somewhere once where people rarely revisit threads once their problem is sorted but i've no intention of leaving you in the lurch! lol. I'd much rather see everyone happy. when i first came to this site 2 months i too was in a panic, had lost weight, couldn't sleep and thought for sure HMRC would make an example of me and jail me and although i could barely believe things would work out okay for me, here I am 2 months on knowing that i owe a lot of money but happy! I'm sure you'll be okay.

:wink:

G

xo

Guys I'm still waiting on letter. I go a few days thinking it'll be alright then the panic sets in again. I phoned and left a message but decided against writing a letter in to them. Waiting on this letter is ruining me, I so hope it's only for the year they mentioned in original letter...

I will update on my situation as soon as I hear anything

Hey Kizzy I'm hoping it's just year they have asked to. As my adviser said they only asking for that year. But back your head u do think what if they go back. I don't think

Anyone go prison trust me guys all they want is there money back.

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys its been a month since i was last on and thought i would update you - i have told my other half everything which went down alot better than i thought it would !! i have received a letter saying i owe them £800 for this year - now i dont know whether to jump around about this or am i going to expect another letter for previous years??

hi i have read your situation i have been claiming for a long time but my letter is only looking ay 2011/12 when i admit that we reunited in 2010 i assume that they will want the last two and a half years back which will be about 12000. my other concern is that they will want interest and penalties. i also dont like the sound of the single claim investigation team because like most people on this forum if you cant provide addresses etc then they could take you for the whole lot. i read that if you admit to falsely claiming then they have to look at those years too. i do believe that hmrc should learn from this too and give people a time limit to sort finances out and state this on the form before you start claiming. there are hundreds of women out there with financial links to their previous partners yet we have all been oblivious to what it implicates. if next year they reviewed my whole claim history i may as well not exist i am already in loads of debt. i am syill waiting for my case worker to get in touch its a nightmare.

Hi I am in the same situation as worriedtodeath. I have received my letter today and they are looking at 2011-12. My ex has been living with me for the past couple of years, as neither of us can afford to live separately, we are financially dependent of each other and to top it all off he is not even my daughters father. Please could someone advise as to the best thing to do - as you can see I haven't slept at all today and each time I read the letter I feel physically sick. I just don't know what to do for the best - I have already started to look at taking out a loan to be able to pay them off but it I feel like it wi be making a bad situation worse.

HI

I dont know if u have saw my uodate , i have called them after i received letter saying my money had stopped and he said im not being took to court and i will have to pay back money for 2011-12 and thats that ... they could of gone back 10 yrs but because i wrote letter and did not try to lie anymore they said they will just look for the money back . Hope this helps ... i can now sleep even though im awaiting the bill . x

HI

I dont know if u have saw my uodate , i have called them after i received letter saying my money had stopped and he said im not being took to court and i will have to pay back money for 2011-12 and thats that ... they could of gone back 10 yrs but because i wrote letter and did not try to lie anymore they said they will just look for the money back . Hope this helps ... i can now sleep even though im awaiting the bill . x

Thanks for getting back to me but could you give me the gist of your letter - I know it's cheeky but I really could do with some help. The cab have told me to come clean and just admit that it's fraud and I really want to but I just don't know how to word the letter

• 1 month later...

hi are there any updates on your claims , please advise it seems there are loads of people in very similar situations, but not all are having the same outcomes.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for getting back to me but could you give me the gist of your letter - I know it's cheeky but I really could do with some help. The cab have told me to come clean and just admit that it's fraud and I really want to but I just don't know how to word the letter

Hi debs911

How did you get on?

Guys I'm still waiting on letter. I go a few days thinking it'll be alright then the panic sets in again. I phoned and left a message but decided against writing a letter in to them. Waiting on this letter is ruining me, I so hope it's only for the year they mentioned in original letter...

I will update on my situation as soon as I hear anything

Hi kizzy1972

Did you hear from them, what happened. X

hey guys its been a month since i was last on and thought i would update you - i have told my other half everything which went down alot better than i thought it would !! i have received a letter saying i owe them £800 for this year - now i dont know whether to jump around about this or am i going to expect another letter for previous years??

Hi, worriedtodeath71

Have you heard anything further from them ? X