Account Status : "Gone Away"?

psyduck
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4445 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

I have checked my credit report, and under an old Santander account that I defaulted on on 27 March 2008 I have found the following information:

Equifax say that the account was closed on 27 March 2008 with a balance of £0. However Callcredit say the account is still under "Default" status, with a balance of £1,036, and the accountholder status "Gone-away". So a few questions:

1. Is this account still enforceable as it is more than 3/4 years since a payment was made onto it?

2, What does the status "Gone-away" mean?

3. Will they actively try to enforce it in future? I haven't had any letters from them for years about it.

I'm worried because this account will stay on my file until 2014 and dont want them changing the status to "Closed" at this time to make it stay on for another 6.

Cheers

Statute barred period is for 6 years in England and 5 years in Scotland. This is assuming that no acknowledgment of liability or payment has been made in that time (unless it can be proved it was under duress).

The SB clock starts ticking from the first missed payment.. not from when any default notice was issued.

HTH.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D