• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Wanting to claim back my PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4374 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Although I have been a member for sometime, I am a total novice at actually acting/reclaiming anything so would be grateful if someone could hold my hand

and talk me through what I need to do.

My issues are these:

1. I took out a loan with HFC bank in 2004. I do not have any if the paperwork but do have an old credit report that clearly shows the date loan started'

the amount of the loan and repayments of said loan.

I know that there was PPI involved as when I settled the loan I was suprised at how little of the premium was refunded. How do I go about getting this information?

2) I have found paperwork relating to 2 Nat West loans, both with PPI on them. The first loan started in 2003 and I have a copy of the credit agreement with all the details. The second loan started in 2006 and part was used to repay the previous loan. This also had PPI on it. I have copies of bank statements back to 2005 showing loan payments. How do I go about reclaiming the PPI?

I was never asked in any of these instances if I actually needed the protection but was advised it was wise to take it out. I am in fact a public sector worker with good sick pay provision and would receive full pay for 6 months and half pay for another 3 months. I did claim on the PPI with Nat West when I was ill but the fact still remains that I did not actually need it in order to be able to make my repayments. I would be grateful for any help or advice you can give me

Hi

Although I have been a member for sometime, I am a total novice at actually acting/reclaiming anything so would be grateful if someone could hold my hand and talk me through what I need to do. My issues are these:

1. I took out a loan with HFC bank in 2004. I do not have any if the paperwork but do have an old credit report that clearly shows the date loan started' the amount of the loan and repayments of said loan. I know that there was PPI involved as when I settled the loan I was suprised at how little of the premium was refunded. How do I go about getting this information?

If it were me I would SAR HFC....Template is in the CAG library, the link to which is at the top of every CAG page in green. Make sure you put in a paragraph to say that you want any and all agreements with them as well

2) I have found paperwork relating to 2 Nat West loans, both with PPI on them. The first loan started in 2003 and I have a copy of the credit agreement with all the details. The second loan started in 2006 and part was used to repay the previous loan. This also had PPI on it. I have copies of bank statements back to 2005 showing loan payments. How do I go about reclaiming the PPI?

Have you got the agreement for the second one? If you have then you are good to go on the Nat West claim. Have a read of No.1 in my signature and shout back here when you've had a read. We can then guide you through the process. You will need a fos consumer questionnaire which is available from the fos website

I was never asked in any of these instances if I actually needed the protection but was advised it was wise to take it out. I am in fact a public sector worker with good sick pay provision and would receive full pay for 6 months and half pay for another 3 months. I did claim on the PPI with Nat West when I was ill but the fact still remains that I did not actually need it in order to be able to make my repayments. I would be grateful for any help or advice you can give me

Hi

See my answers in red above

ims

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes I have the agreement for the second loan - it's a typed customer copy. I returned a similar copy to the bank at the time I took out the loan.

I have read the information in your signature. Very informative but I am still going to need your help as the second loan contained PPI rolled over from the first loan (I assume) and so it isn't so straightforward

Thanks in anticipation

Ok

Take hold of the spreadsheet and list each payment of PPI made i.e. the monthly ppi figure shown on the agreement. Go as far as when the loan was settled by the second loan. Do you have the settlement figure for loan 1?

Also you will need to know the percentage of PPI relative to the total loan for loan 1. Add together the cash loan and the PPI loan to give the Total Loan. You then work out the PPI percentage using the formula

PPI Loan / Total Loan x 100.

Apply that percentage to the loan 1 settlement figure and make a note of it.

You had a rebate of PPI on loan 1 I think.....is that right?

ims

Yes I think so. I can't really remember but I think I did

No record of what it might have been?

Maybe on the final statement from loan 1? I think you said you had statements.

Its not the end of the world of you haven't got it...it will just make our figures slightly out but we should be close enough.

ims

Actually I am now very confused reading the information on paperwork for loan 2. I am sure somewhere in there is the information allowing us to work out what the rebate was on loan 1 but it's as clear as mud to me

I don't have access to a scanner to upload the document to see if you can make any sense of it.

oh my favourite target..

lookout HFC incomingggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

another fleeced customer getting their just rewards.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

OK so you now have a list if the PPI payments made on loan 1.

Work out what percentage the PPI was to the total loan as described in post #6 above

Next you need to find out the settlement figure for loan 1. Apply the percentage to that settlement figure and you will have the amount of the PPI loan which was included in the settlement. This is the amount of PPI which was carried into loan 2.

Work out the percentage of this rollover figure relative to the total of loan 2. It is given by the formula "Rollover amount / Loan 2 Total Amount x 100".

This will give you the percentage of each repayment of loan 2 which relates to PPI from loan 1.

In the spreadsheet, list the actual PPI payments made on the loan 2 PPI (as you did with loan 1).

Then list the rollover amounts using the percentage figure.

When done you can convert your spreadie to a PDF and post it up for checking

ims

Hi

These were large loans then given the size of the monthly payments towards PPI?

If you are happy that you have only included the proportions of the repayments that relate to PPI then the sheet is correct (when you amend the date format)

You need to then send this and a completed fos questionnaire to the lender with a brief covering letter requiring a refund. They will have 8 weeks to investigate and gove you a final decision before you can hand it over to fos.

ims

• Confused 1

Hi again

Just a quick question. When looking to determine the amount of PPI rolled over from loan 1 into loan 2, do I apply the percentage figure to total monthly repayment figure for loan 2 (loan repayment and PPI) or just the loan amount minus the PPI payment for loan 2?

Hi

Total monthly payment figure.

You have calculated the rolled over amount relative to the total loan so the percentage relates to the total of the monthly repayment.

ims

Many thanks one up to me. Husband said I was wrong and should be deducting the PPI element before making calculation.

Many thanks for your support. FOS questionairre filled in for loan one and I am now doing same for loan 2

• 1 month later...

Hi

Have heard from Nat West who are assessing my PPI claim so just waiting now. However I have not received any acknowledgement on my SAR request from either Nat West or HFC. It;s more than 40 days since I sent them the request. What do I do now?