Norwich & Peterborough reopened my closed account 3 TIMES - HELP

tiger66uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4425 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I closed my N&P account back in sept 2010, after i closed it they reopened it to pay a direct debit that was missed, i paid the fees they put onto the account and requested it closed, this happened again 6 weeks later but that DD was paid from my new account and the one N&P reopened, again i argued but payed the fees, i received the balance of £1.09p in cheque form from them and a closure of account letter.

They then reopened my account for an unauthorised payment from a company that i had contacted back in september and ceased to be a member of, i contacted N&P again and told them it was unauthorised and they said they would initiate a reclaim and sent me the forms.

i didnt use the forms but contacted the membership of the company that had taken the money and explained everything and they didnt hesitate to refund the money and apologise.

N&P left the account open and put charges on the account, despite me phoning them from home and in branch, i also tried to sort this out with branch staff, they continued to put charges on my account, bearing in mind i had already closed this twice.

yhey eventually closed the account in march 2011 and put defaults on my credit references which i have recently found out about.

this has stopped me remortgaging and left me with a redicliously high interest rate on my mortgage.

I recently sent a sar and request under section 10 to stop them putting the defaults on my CR's but they refused stating that they have a right for 6 years to continue.

I dont know what else to do apart from initiate court action for failing to comply with a section 10 request that is causing hardship for something that was not my fault.

can anyone please help with this.

Edited by citizenB
spacing for easier reading

You might want to have a read of the BCOBs articles that are highlighted in green and linked in my signature.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You might want to have a read of the BCOBs articles that are highlighted in green and linked in my signature.

Thanks citizen I have looked at the bcobs articles that you mention but I think I took in so much information that I have confused myself which is why I am asking for help.

i had a reply from them for a S10 data protection request i sent them:

it basically tells me i signed to open the account and they can process what they like for 6 years.

They have to process data accurately and as necessary.

You might want to take this up with the Information Commissioner.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 3 weeks later...

i replied to their solicitor letter reminding them of their obligations.

a week later i received a few screen prints and a copy of the bank statements, no letters that i know they sent (as i have copies but they dont know that).

As far as i can see they are still putting defaults on my file despite the printouts stating 'the customer has complained about the charges' the customer is not happy with the charges' and another screenshot acknowledges my call complaining and even states that the operative was going to speak to the underwritters.

funny enough, absolutely no action from them and all because they put less than a hundred quid in charges on a closed account. i feel so gutted that they have not solved this yet but i refuse to pay on principle.

Had a look at the 3 cra's and n and p have stated settled on one but not the others. I have not settled neither have they told me anything in writing.

I did receive a letter from them this morning, I quote:

I have provided you with all information held electronically or in a relevant filing system. Manual files which are not held in a relevant filing system are not disclosable under the data protection act.

I can find no record of any legal action between us.

The five notes (screen shots) represent the only records of such call held on our computer system.

I am therefore satisfied that the society has responded properly to your sar request.

Unquote.

Ok, so why is there no dn with the sar paperwork?

No follow up paperwork to my compliant from a year ago.

No copies of letters or warnings sent to me.

I could do with some help with my response letter.

Checked all 3 agencies today and default has been removed from all 3.

Great result just so annoying we have to remind them of their duties to get this achieved when it shouldn't happen in the first place.

Funny thing is n and p have not informed me of this action to date.

A big thank you to all who helped with this.

I received a rather lengthy letter from N&P today. It gives a rough picture of the goings on of the account closures and opening siting visa payments being 'guaranteed' etc even on closed accounts.

they have been very careful not to actually admit any wrong doing at all despite placing a closed account as defaulted for £86.78 when that said account was closed with a clear balance and this sum was 100% charges to the account.

from advice sought here, that in itself is actually illegal is it not?

I know i have the resault i wanted but i am payned by the grief they have caused me and the expense of letters, time and sar request costs etc.

Can I claim any of this back from them? I know they have not admitted any wrong in the letters but if placing an account as defaulted when its all charges then surely they can be made to pay some compensation???????