HFC Account Numbers

big fish
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4079 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

still wont prove PPI

which ofcourse we know was forced upon us.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi BigFish, I'm curently in the exact same place as you, regarding information on loans and PPI that are over 6 years old! I found that there is an email address for the CEO of HSBC/HFC that is actually monitored, its: [email protected]

• Confused 1

Many of life’s failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. - Thomas Edison

• 2 weeks later...

No rely from CEO as yet!!

Heres an amusing/or not quote from HFC Website

"HFC Bank also places great emphasis on environmental care and this is reflected in the number of environmental awards the Bank has won. The Bank makes every effort to recycle its paper, as well as use recycled paper wherever possible."

To think when they eventually respond to complaints the letters could possibly be made from reconstituted agreements with lots of pre ticks!!

• 3 weeks later...

Reply from letter to CEO yesterday!

Can you believe HFC have turned up three agreements!!!

1. Personal Loan Plus Feb 99 - no PPI, not visible on shoddy copy anyway!
  2. Personal Loan Plus Oct 02 - PPI pre crossed in credit protection & accidental sickness and unemployment insurance
  3. Personal Loan Plus Oct 03 - no PPI

They have asked that I phone them for settlement on account 2. I have bank statements of payments that at one point reached £76 a month, credit limit was £2500 according to credit report but may have been more (states £2000 on agreement but states it may vary). It also included paying off another agreement at the time of inception £307.53. Will post HFC reply when I get time also all figures relating to account 2 for advice.

Dealing with HFC is akin to going fishing

A lot of patience is required in order to catch a big fish

Lets see if I can land it and possibly catch some more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards Big Fish

Edited by big fish
Correction

well well well

no we have no info...

then it appears!!

i wonder what the FOS or the ICO will have to sat about this.

blatantly told you atleast twice?? nothing existed.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

un-app'd them for now

you need to sanitise then a bit more

too many bits of of unique data showing [fax times parts of accounts numbers etc.]

dx

and they

tell them how annoyed you are that they did not send these on day one.

proves everything we've [i've]!] always said.

what the hell did they fine them for to allow then to carry on treating customers like this!! a joke

dx

and they

Here's my reply from the letter marked strictly private & confidential FAO CEO HFC Bank.

Can anyone identify any of my questions/concerns that have been answered or clarified... I'm struggling!!

The accounts are over six years... no data... destroyed... P.S. we slipped in three agreements that our staff have tediously reconstructed since the onset of your complaint!

Here are details of payments on account with PPI

Info below is all that is available. Details show on 2007 credit file No total amount borrowed.

Personal Loan Plus

Duration - 10/10/02 – 12/03/04 Credit Limit £2500

Account started with a balance of £307.53 from another agreement

Payments I have documentation to prove I payed below

04/11/02 DD £36.46

05/12/02 DD £56.90

06/01/03 DD £60.40

04/02/03 DD £60.31

07/03/03 DD £75.37

04/04/03 DD £74.58

06/05/03 DD £73.94

04/06/03 DD £76.56

07/07/03 DD £75.91

04/08/03 DD £75.21

04/09/03 DD £74.57

06/10/03 DD £76.33

04/11/03 DD £76.59

05/12/03 DD £75.93

05/01/04 DD £75.23

04/02/04 DD £74.59

08/03/04 DD £74.35

Any advice re the amount of redress I can expect before I contact HFC would be appreciated. PM if you wish.

Big Fish

Edited by big fish
more info

The Personal Loan Plus product was/is a revolving credit account where the PPI was based as a percentage of the outstanding balance from month to month.

From the list of payments you made to the account you will not be able to work out what the PPI charges were.

You are under no obligation to deal with this chap on the phone and they should make you an offer in writing. In which case I would be writing to him again and tell him so.

You will have to take a view on any figure that results from this complaint since HFC seem to be digging in.

I would, however, be putting a case together for fos anyway for the way you have been treated.

Hi ims

Monthly payments were 1/30th of the outstanding balance each month according to info from CAG member Scoobydoo (see below). Direct debits would have been minimum payments I would have thought. Is it then posible to roughly figure PPI?

CAP - Current Account Plus - a current account with overdraft facility. It had a cheque book and £50 guarantee card, plus a separate ATM card. The overdraft required you to pay at least 1/30th of the balance. Also, Stockport branch number was 074 (I think), so the account number would start with either 74 or 074. This rule only applied to current accounts.

PL - a fixed term, fixed rate personal loan from the branch. Same payment each month, every month until the end of the term.

PLP - a "Personal Loan Plus". This was a revolving credit agreement with a credit limit, much like a credit card but without the plastic. Instead you had a cheque book, but no guarantee card. The payments on this were also 1/30th of the balance, so varied each month. The "Budget Revolving Account" on your credit file could be a CAP or PLP.

HOL - Homeowner Loan - similar to a PL, but secured on property and with a variable interest rate (and much longer terms available).

HAP - Homeowner Account Plus - similar to a PLP and again secured on property. This had much greater credit limits, but I forget the repayment terms (not many were sold compared to other products).

The above were all branch sold accounts. HFC also provided consumer finance through the like to Dixons and PC World. These "retail" accounts are likely to be the Credit Sale Fixed Term account listed in your post. Different retailers offered different terms. Some were pure interest free (0% APR), others were Interest Free Option and Deferred Interest Free Option accounts, meaning if you settled during the option period (usually 6, 9 or 12 months) you paid no interest. If you didn't settle, interest would be charged back to day one and for the rest of the term. The difference between IFO and DIFO is that the former required you to make payments during the option period, the latter didn't.

Big Fish

Edited by big fish

Monthly payments were 1/30th of the outstanding balance each month according to info from CAG member Scoobydoo (see below). Direct debits would have been minimum payments I would have thought. Is it then poosibble to roughly figure PPI?

Only you will know whether you paid just the minimum each month.

If you are sure you only paid the absolute minimum each you might be able to take a stab at the premiums but that's all it will be. You won't be able to calculate the interest charged or the 8%.