Budget Again and short period rates

eddiemc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4504 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just to clarify I am a general insurance broker and have been for the best part of 30 years. I work in an industry that is full of rules and regulations, do's and dont's. We cannot breathe or fart without the FSA jumping on us. However it seems Budget Insurance are exempt from those rules I have to diligently follow. Here is the problem.

I had a policy with Budget and decided to downsize my car, it was a lower CC and two insurance groups lower. Budget decided that insurance groups don't count and charged me an extra 50% of my premium to change the vehicle. After many phone calls and letters of complaint I decided to go elsewhere at a much reduced premium. Then the bombshell arrived. Despite paying a 20% deposit and two months premiums the bill that arrived was 27% more than was outstanding. Now we all live in the real world and in that real world you pay for what you get despite contracts (unfair ones) or verbal agreements not that there was any.

I have written on several occasions to Budget and indeed their CEO ( who ignored me) but they are sticking to their incredible high cancellation charges. Obviously I will have to complain to the FSA as I do not believe I am being treated fairly and to the Financial Ombudsman. But before I do so would anyone have any other ideas?

Cheers

Hi

I have also been on the receiving end of these charges which is why I will never go with them again.

I wouldn't bother with the fos juat yet. Why not write and ask them for a full breakdown of these charges. I would think that if they cannot justify them, they should refund.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Budget can be a very difficult company to deal with. I have followed with interest some of their practices and I am surprised that the FSA has not intervened. So a follow up with the FOS, if necessary should be seen through.

What you should not do is stop the complaint at any time, if Budget are not cooperative. They appear to have a habit of passing on for debt collection. They should not do this, if you continued your complaint with the FOS.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread