IND threats

Bexxy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4485 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I just recieved a letter of legal proceedings from IND saying that they are acting for Aktiv Kapital First Inv. ltd. My defaults and judgements have come off my credit file in Jan of 2009. I dont know what IND are up to. I need advice on how to tackle them please.

Hi and welcome to the CAG, fist off can you say what the alledged debt is and when you either last made a payment or written acknowldgement of this debt - in the first instance if this is more than 6 years ago send ind the statute barred letter - take note these people monitor the CAG so keep all senitive info off the posts

You say Ind are acting on behalf of AK to collect the money and not assigned to it? My dealings are almost the same (as they say in my letter) they're appointed to collect on behalf of another DCA, they hold all my data and state make cheques payable to Ind... So who owns the debt seems unclear to me! also I've noticed on OFT debt collection guidance that DCA's are not aloud to be "using more than one debt collecting business at the same time"

what do CAG ers make of it?

The debt was for both a credit card and current account with one of the banks. This happened 12 years ago. I tried to resolve it with the bank but the were acting funny so I ignored them. The got judgement against me as I found in my credit report which came off in 2009.

Thanks for the advice

OK did you pay the CCJ? if you did then they have no grounds to come back at you, As far as I am aware you can only be taken to court once, unless you did not settle the CCJ, need someone more knowledgeable on this