Welcome wrong account number

lew247
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4478 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a loan from Welcome Finance, well I've had several since 2003 (Stupid I know but...)

The one I have a problem with was taken out in 2005 and has the account number 1**9711 tota

I have all the paperwork for this including the one with signatures.

The problem I have is this

I took this loan out to consolidate a previous loan as I was recommended to when I had problems at the time (ill health)

Consolidation of previous loan £2K appx plus an extra bit to give us some cash plus the ppi

Since I took the loan out, about a year after I was reading though the PPI documentation and it confirmed my suspicions that i raised when taking out the loan that it was useless as I had claimed previously (back problems) and it didnt cover me.

I disputed this with them and argued and in the end I stopped paying in I think late 2006 and put the account in dispute in July 2007

Since then I have had various letters and some before but only recently realised all the letters had the wrong account number

I claimed the PPI back a few weeks ago and I also saw my credit record, and the two don't tally at all.

According to my credit records I now owe around £9K and it's been going up most months since I put it in dispute

Yet the letter I got from Welcome bout the PPI refund say's I now ove just over £2K

After the PPI refund they reckon I still own just over £2k which is possibly right and I will pay it if it is and I owe it

BUT in the PPI calculation, they said there was no adjustment of the loan due to previous PPI

I reckon there should have been as the main part of the loan £2K was to pay the previous loan off, which included PPI

• Am I right or wrong?
  • Should my balance have kept increasing once I had put the loan in dispute?
  • Is there anything I can do to get them to remove the default notice on my credit file seeing I put the loan in dispute and not them?

Regarding the account number can someone please explain to me how they can reckon I owe £9K on an account that I know nothing about, the account number I have on my records (the paperwork I signed) has a different account number

I emailed them to ask about this a few days ago and also asked them about the PPI rebate frmo the prevous loan and should this loan start amount not have been adjusted, also did I get a rebate for the medicare and life insurance and also queried the wrong records on my credit record.

I got this responce

Dear Mr ******

Thank you for your email of 18 January 2012.

My apologies for the human error regarding your loan account number, this had been written on your documentation incorrectly.

The correct loan account number is: 1***771

Compensation relates solely to Payment Protection Insurance and in your case, whilst finding in your favour, the compensation amount has been applied to set off your remaining liabilities with Welcome Financial Services Ltd.

I can confirm that the compensation has nothing to do with medicare or life insurance.

Regards

Ken Wilson

Customer Experience Team[/qupte]

They totally ignored most of what I asked, and seem to reckon they can just say that they made a mistake with the account number

• How can I owe something on an account number that I have not signed for?
  • Can I claim a rebate of the medicare and life insurance?
  • On a previous loan (car) Can I claim a rebate on the stupid mechanical breakdown insurance and collision call? I didnt want those as I already had AA at the time

Thanks for that

Fortunately I still have all the original agreements I have signed, and a copy of most letters sent to them

and some of the ones they sent me

IF I sent an SAR would that be better than sending a CCA?

or do I send a CCA?

OR do I do both?

What I'd like is a copy of everything that they have on me, but I also want a copy of this mysterious loan agreement that I know I did not sign.