Halifax mppi refund - simple! - £16,000!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4443 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I just can't believe it!!!

I really can't.....

Having had 6 calls a day... 5 text messages... 4 letters.... 3 tv adverts.... 2... anyway!

Decided to ring up Halifax to have a moan about the Mppi we paid for around 10 years, saying that I feel we should have got a better deal... really just trying my luck!

They had a special helpline, I moan for about 5 minutes, they sent me a letter included another home loan and send they would contact us in less then 12 weeks...

Yeah right!

Got a letter today offering nearly £16,000 in full and final settlement!!!!!!!

YES PLEASE x

If you don't believe the ad's or the text's then take my word for it... just one call

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Linda,

Yes, we phoned the Halifax PPI helpline number on there site, we had MPI (mortgage protection) - our mortgage with halifax ended 6 years ago, they advised us of our old roll number but they also added our previous house without us even asking... That was 12 years ago :)

Be careful as immediately they started probing why we thought it was missold, we had a look on this website to remind us why it was missold, I would guess you would be like us as we:

1) Didn't realise we could obtain a quote elsewhere therefore felt we had to take there PPI / MPI to obtain our mortgage, obliviously if we had been able to look elsewhere it would have been cheaper. ;)

2) We thought that we where covered elsewhere with an old employer, I thought that the company was no longer around for me to check ;)

There are a few different reason's why they could have mis-sold this to you, make sure you know what your going to say :)

To be honest, don't worry they asked a couple of questions and did the rest, we did pay monthly.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply,

I phoned them up and told them that my husband and I work for the local council 20 plus years and still do and as such get generous sick pay and redundancy cover .I also thought that we felt we had to take the mpi to get our mortgage.

After taking some details she said we would hear back in 5 days, would this be just an acknowlegement of the claim or will we have to fill in any forms.

THANKS

Hi Linda,

I don't think they have any arguments at the moment, from what I understand it is more to do with paperwork and also there advice when signing up, therefore anybody calling with the complaints that both you and I have mentioned, then its a full refund....

To give you a timescale... I made the call and said pretty much the same as you, our mortgage ended 6 years ago with them...

They replied about a week later and not only included our last mortgage but also the one previous to that! - I think when you receive this and it mentions and confirms all your mortgage / account numbers then your on to a winner.

They then have 8 weeks to reply with an offer, its best to look back over all your payments made - this will give you an idea of the refund, don't forget to add interest at 8% a year!

Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...