can i claim jsa.

antneb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4510 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Im currently in the last few weeks of a 13 week probabtionary period at a new job. however due to a recurring back injury ive had think about taking two weeks on the sick. my employers have pretty much said that if i take this time off they wont be making me permanent. where does this leave me with re claiming job seekers? will i be able to claim again, or will they say it was my fault ive lost my job? carrying on working at the moment isnt really a viable option as its a fairly manual job and i am physically struggling.

You can claim, certainly. The reason why you left your last job will be considered by a JSA Decision Maker - these things are done on a case by case basis.

If your GP would write a note supporting what you say, this would possibly help your case. But in the end, we can't say for sure what any given DM will decide. The only way to find out is to make a claim.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Yes if you feel that you can no longer continue with your job then you can resign and reclaim JSA, when you have you initial interview ask if you can be referred to the DEA (disability Employment Adviser) they can document your records and help you decide what type of work is suitable etc.

well i have a week left until my probation runs out. theyve told me i wont be kept on after that. my concern is that as technically i could go into work but have chosen not to even though i know it will cost me my job, could the jobcentre take that as ive quit and therefore refuse me any benefits?