Bailiffs coming to take goods for council tax tommorow advice please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4490 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Going back to the begining of your post.....are you saying the bailiff made his levy on the first visit?

First and most important thing to do is contact the Council and with pen at the ready get answers to the following:

1 - how many Liability Orders they have against you

2 - the dates they were obtained

3 - the addresses they were for

4 - the period of time each covers

5 - how much each one was for

6 - how much is still outstanding

7 - the dates they were passed on for enforcement

This will then give a guide to exactly how much of £1300 demanded is the actual debt and how much are his ficticious fees.

Once you have this, you will need to write to Rossendales for breakdown of their charges, template for that is on the forum.

To cover a debt of £1.300 the levy should have been made on goods to the value of approx £13,000 to offset their auction value, therefore the levy carried out by the bailiff is invalid and it can be argued it was only made to gain advantage to the bailiff to further his fees.

Meanwhile, carefully work out what is a realistic and affordable amount for you to pay, make sure you do not overstretch your budget for survival, also remember the new CT year starts in April,(apply now for CT relief I think you will find you qualify) then start to make regular weekly payment direct to the Council by way of their online payment system, if the most you can afford is £5 pw then that is what you pay. Do this on the same day every week and you can then show you are intending to pay and are not a 'won't pay' the Council will have great difficulty trying to take the matter through the Courts.

You will recall from the recent "exposure" tv programme how horrified Mrs Jones claimed she was to hear of the antics of her "rougue bailiff" Mr Boult, he was also suggesting people should beg borrow or steal money in order to pay him......perhaps she may be interested to hear there are others among her "highly trained team" that follow the same practices........ are those who are still quietly keeping a watchful eye to Rossendales ready for the next chapter making note?

WD

• Confused 1

Ok. I know I keep repeating that question but its because the bailiff either doesn't know the law or is a very good lier. He told me he's the top bailiff there is and he's employed for his brains so maybe its just because he's a good lier. Ask for proof of his seniority and I think you will find he isn't even a good liar!!

Going to see citizens advice at 1pm, I'll tell them about the goods not coming to the value needed etc. but what route is this likely to go down? CAB have their uses but are restricted as to what they know about bailiff law, chances are they will try to contact Rossendales and make payment arrangements but they are powerless to insist, which is why forums such as cag are highly respected for offering good solid advice, most of which has come the university of life!!

Do you think there's any chance of getting this back to a payment arrangement stage?

Yes... you have it within your own power to arrange repayment..the ideal is to take the action of paying what you can afford on a regular basis direct to the Council...regardless of what they try to tell you they are fully responsible for their appointed agents (bailiffs) by law but, they like to think they are above the law.

Stop ringing the Council and start writing ....you need to show a paper trail to your complaints, start with a letter to the head of Revevues and when that gets ignored the next letter goes to the Chief Executive Officer and a copy to your MP, you also have the right to involve your local councillor, but one step at a time and you should start with acting on post #11 then come back and caggers will help you from there.

WD

1. 1 order

2. Summoned 11/5/11 LO obtained approx 2 weeks later

3. My current address

4. I have to write in for that info? [EDIT] they have it on record and is instantly available to them, thanks to technology

5. She said £70 charges but didn't give me a starting balance as 4

6. £1137.80

7. 5/7/11

when did the bailiff first visit?

Please take note...some Councils outsource their backroom staff and it is always a possibility that when speaking with the Council you are not infact speaking with the authority itself but merely the dogs body that oversees the dog [EDIT] bailiffs.

Edited by seanamarts
removed naughty words :)

As you can see there is little to suggest this bailiff was indeed employed for his "brains"......

.....sadly I must agree with Hallow in that nothing 'quick' ever happens with these cases,

you will have to prepare yourself to a seige like mentality and place your trust in what caggers tell you...

. but please do not forget to start making those regular payments to the Council while the behind the scenes work carries on.

If your new found friend does turn up with van or on his push bike there is no law that says you have to either speak or deal with him, just ignore him.

I think DX has already posted what lengths the bailif and Council will have to go to before anyone can break in to your house to "remove goods"

and if those payments are made on the same day at the same rate or more every week, they are thwarted to getting any such order from the Court.

WD