• Tweets

• In my experience (not with car payments) but with many other things, my partner has been ill and signed off in the past and we have been unable to meet various commitments.  Naturally if you ring the call centre they are going to fob you off and tell you you must pay, that's why that never ever works. I would obtain a note from her GP listing all her health issues plus medications plus side effects, then write to the finance company with a copy of it, explaining the situation, as you have here, asking for a payment holiday. Perhaps mention that the car is very much needed for hospital appointments etc. It's likely the finance company would rather you pay till term end than, chase you for money they will never see, and sell the car at auction for a loss,  You can search some of my threads going back years, advising people to do this for Council Tax, Tax Credits, HMRC, Even a solicitors company and it always works, because contrary to popular belief people are reasonable.
    • Sorry, I haven't ever seen one of these agreements. Read it all and look out for anything that says when she can withdraw and when she is committed to go ahead. If it isn't clear she may need to call the housing provider and simply say what you posted here, she doesn't want to go ahead and how does she withdraw her swap application?
    • Thank you! Your head is like a power bank of knowledge.  Her health issues are short term, due to a relationship breakdown she took it pretty hard and has been signed off work on medication for 3 months. She only started her job in February 24 so does not qualify for any occupational sick benefits, which is where the ssp only comes in. (You will see me posting a few things over the coming days, whilst I try and sort some things for her)  I sat with her last night relaying all this back and she does want to work out a plan, she was ready to propose £100 for the next 3 months and then an additional £70 per month onto of her contractual to "catch up" but Money247 rejecting the payment holiday and demanding £200 thew her, which is why I came on here.   
    • I've looked at your case specifically more.   Term 8bii reads " when, in accordance with instructions from the Customer or the Consignee, the Consignment is left in a safe place" Their terms choose to not define safe, so they are put to proof that the location is safe. If your property opens onto a street its a simple thing of putting a google earth image and pointing out that its not a safe place
    • New rules and higher rates resulted in a jump in the number of savers opening accounts at the start of this year's Isa season.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Bank account upgrade/ with overdraft - now feel conned! Help?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4497 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone, :evil:

I am now about to attempt resolving an issue which is costing me more and more as time goes by, so now its time to address the issue and hopefully find some practical help and advice, in order to get myself back on track with bank - without being constantly penalised by CHARGES, CHARGES, CHARGES!

Originally I opened the account as I wanted the benefit of a £300.00 overdraft facility. Unfortunately I did not fully understand the actual implications of opening an account such as this, which has proved to be most unsuitable for me. Whilst I have the benefit of the Overdraft facility - it is costing me dearly!

I just dont know what to do now - fortunately I did not close my original Cashcard Account, which I still use as my main account. The disadvantage of not being able to go overdrawn, seems pretty insignificant now.

To put you in the picture, I opened the account approx May 2011. I used the overdraft facility from time to time and simply transferred funds from my Cardcash account periodically, to cover transactions, clear overdraft etc.

However, in November 2011 - I was aware that my overdraft needed clearing and on receipt of some backdated disability allowance I was owed, I immediately transferred £1000.00 into my ultimate reward account., My intention being, to clear overdraft and keep the rest safe, for later use as a downpayment on my summer holiday.

But, immediately after transferring funds into my account - I noticed I only had a balance of approx £400.00? I was gutted, confused and a bit frustrated as to how this could be???

I then began to scrutinise my account (statement) more closely, to try and identify the problem. Then the nightmare began to unfold, as before me I had taken extracts of charges applied to the account, which to date total some £490.00 !!!! This is appalling, I just cannot believe that I could be 'conned' in this way, by a bank - I thought a bank was as credible as a doctor or a policeman, not a mere firm of petty conmen! Its disgraceful.

Here are a list of all the charges applied to my account:

30/06 unplanned overdraft fees £15.00

30/06 planned overdraft fees 6.00

03/10 unplanned overdraft fees £45.00

01/09 monthly fee 15.00

31/08 unplanned overdraft fees £65.00

31/08 planned overdraft fees £ 1.00

01/08 ultimate reward monthly fee 12.50

01/12 unplanned overdraft fee £65.00

01/11 account fee £15.00

01/11 unplanned overdraft fees £165.00

03/10 account fee 15.00

_______

TOTAL: £ 419.50

________

I am extremely disappointed and totally disillusioned in having moved to an account which I had been led to believe, would bring about more benefits and less charges for me. But sadly, I was very much mistaken - its just awful and so very costly. For me the disadvantages, far outweigh any possible benefits this account may have to offer! It doesnt seem right that a bank would just let you merrily enter into an account of this nature, without further vetting and investigating your situation first. They make it so easy to simply open up this 'highly publicised' account, authorise you to have an overdraft - offer other benefits and 'freebies?'

When all they are doing is allowing you to be misled into believing you are getting a really good account, which can easily be managed etc when all the time, they probably just sit back thinking "aha another fool has fallen into our trap, now lets get to work on taking their cash: by imposing charges, charges and even more charges !!!! "

Anyway, I am feeling such a fool - but worse still, lost a lot of my money and stuck in this situation for I dont know how long, allowing them to continue taking my money in charges and fees - UNLESS ANYBODY HAS ANY IDEAS THAT MIGHT HELP? I AM REALLY OPEN TO ANY HELPFUL SUGGESTIONS 1. WITH A VIEW TO RECLAIMING CHARGES and 2. CLOSING THIS ACCOUNT DOWN AS UNSUITABLE.

helpppppppppppppp Me pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :-x

Thank you to everybody who reads this with a view to trying to help, its really appreciated so very much. I just dont know where to begin???????!!!

bye for now NADIA X

Sorry, but you will have to tell us your story a bit more methodically because other than the fact that you have suffered charges, your story is not very clear

Sorry if my 'dilemma' is not clear - I may have rushed through many of the details in such a way that everything seems crammed in and not easy to follow.

Anyway, I shall try and write a better log of events and details, which I hope you will be able to understand better - will try and do so this evening when I can sit down and relax a bit with fewer distractions etc.

thanks

nadia

Nadia this seems to be a common story now your description of events is almost exactly identical to my mothers. I am now reading up as many posts as i can and researching into this to try and help my mother get out of the catch 22 she has found herself in with this account.

My mother is on a state pension and disability allowance so the first thing i have did for her is send in a notice of appropriation letter you can find the template on this very forum. Next step is try for a hardship claim to try and get the charges back.

I have also got her to move away from the Halifax and open a co-operative bank cashminder account which her pension is now paid in to, The Cashminder Account is one that should not have any overdraft, so it's one that should not go into the red at all so no more bank charges it has on-line banking so easy to check balance each day.

Hopefully what little i have put can help out in some way.

rnscotch user-online.png - please start a new thread and we will see what help we can give you if you can lay out your story

Sorry if my 'dilemma' is not clear - I may have rushed through many of the details in such a way that everything seems crammed in and not easy to follow.

Anyway, I shall try and write a better log of events and details, which I hope you will be able to understand better - will try and do so this evening when I can sit down and relax a bit with fewer distractions etc.

thanks

nadia

Still waiting for your info - I'm sure that then we can offer you some helpful support

I was replying to this thread explaining to the OP what i have did in a similar situation after reading many threads on here, I was not hi-jacking the thread.

I have been on here long enough to know i need to open my open thread if i need help and advice.

I was replying to this thread explaining to the OP what i have did in a similar situation after reading many threads on here, I was not hi-jacking the thread.

I have been on here long enough to know i need to open my open thread if i need help and advice.

I didn't think that you were hijacking. It was clear that you were only making a supportive comment.

However, your story sounded as if you needed some help and my suggestion was simply that we could try and look at your problem separately if you wanted to start your own thread.

That's still the case.