being chased on an account I never had!

margo47
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4533 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I do hope someone can help

I am being asked to pay a debt on an account which I have never had! A bank has sent my details to a dca without ever writing to me and now the DCA keep phoning me even though I keep telling them I am deafblind and do not use the phone! How can I clear this matter up?

Could you let us know which bank it is please.

OK. I am going to move this thread to the Barclays forum because you will get more responses there.

I also think that you need to give us a bit more detail. Are you really saying that you have never had an account with Barclays?

Can you give us some details of the letters that you have received, the responses you have given and any reactions you have had to your responses.

Is there any reason why Barclays should think that you have had an account with them?

Hi first thing to do is refuse their security questions,tell them in writing only,and then put the phone down.

The DCA concerned (who is it) write to them and state "You have never heard of their company,You have never had a Bank Account with Barclays (assume that is the case) and you are well aware that should any DCA pursue a debt without being sure that you are the person concerned is in default of the DPA and of the recommendations of the OFT and contravenes the Lending Code of practice.Should your company contact me again a vigorous complaint will be made to OFT and you will pursue compensation through the courts.

Something along those lines should stop them dead in their tracks

Regards FS...............Sorry Bankfodder posting at the same time,my reply assumes no Barclays Bank Account

I too am assuming that there is no Barclays account, but if Barclays have handed over information on a non-existent account to a DCA then it is Barclays which would be at fault.

By the way, it would be interesting to know which DCA as well

I had a joint account with my husband but closed my part over 7 years ago - he continued using it as a single account holder We decided to have independant financial agreements. Almost 2 years ago he declared himself banckrupt. I had a letter in May from ttispc which was my first notification I paid £130 "for them to investigate further", heard nothing more from them at all. Last monday I had a phone call from Rockwall about "a personal matter" again last night they spoke to my husband (as I'm deaf I don't answer the phone) they wouldn't give him any details due to "data protection" They said they would call again at 4pm today

firstly I don't understand this £130 for an investigation. What is that? And what is the company ttispc?

Secondly, I now understand that actually you did have an account with Barclays – except that it was a joint account and that you remove yourself from this account about seven years ago. When you disassociated yourself from the account, did you do this in writing? Do you have evidence that the account came to be treated as a single person account? For instance is their correspondence addressed solely to your husband? Or are there statements which are addressed solely to your husband?

If your details had been removed from the account, then a DCA certainly has no right to those details. However, this has probably happened only because Barclays have passed on the information. There's an outside chance they have sourced the info about you as a 'linked' person from a credit reference agency.

Was this account included in your husband's bankruptcy?

If you can record calls, I would suggest a call on your behalf to Barclays to ask what is going on. Barclays should also be aware that you probably fall in to the definition of a vulnerable person.

you still haven't said who the DCA is. You also haven't explain the investigation fee.

I think that you should refuse to deal with anybody on the telephone. With the disabilities which you appear to have described, how are you dealing with telephone calls? And also how are you managing to use your computer to post these responses?

I think that you should write a letter to the DCA and put them on notice that firstly you will not deal with them by telephone in any circumstances. Inform them that if they ignore your letter that you will report them to the OFT and also to Trading Standards. (Make sure that you do make these complaints if they ignore you.)

Write to Barclays and complain that they have apparently instructed a DCA in respect of a bank account which is not yours and from which you disassociated yourself seven years ago.

Tell them that you want an immediate written confirmation that they have cancelled the instructions to the DCA. Tell them that you require them to let you know whether they have contacted any third parties in respect of this matter and if so who.

Tell them that you require immediate confirmation that they accept that the account is not yours and that you have no responsibility in it at all.

Please let me know your responses to the questions I have asked above.

DCA is Rockwell. May have been sold.

Oh! where did you see that? I missed it.

Spotted it, sorry!!!

The investigation fee is really bothering me.... So is the lack of information on their website...

About Us

TTISPC buys debt from banks and other companies.* TTISPC works with collections agencies who contact our customers to settle the debt on behalf of TTI SPC.

TTISPC

PO Box 9674

Nottingham

NG1 9FJ

Certificates and memberships

Regulated by The Office of Fair Trading and

The Data Protection Authority

Yes, it's a shame that Margo47 is not responding a bit more to this thread of her's.

If the story is correct, I think that we could offer some very serious help to solve this problem

http://ttispc.com/

Something is seriously suspect with this company.

No telephone number on their website

Only a P.O Box address

No company number

No CCA Licence Number

And who is the Data Protection Authority, they say they are also regulated by ?

Edited by Airwolf

Could not find them via a companies house or ICO search. TTISPC could be a trading name though. I can do a CCA search on my phone for some reason, so will check when I get home.

Without a postcode, it will be harder to find information about them

Seems to be lots of questions about this company going back some time

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1591639

They have history for receiving bankrupt accounts from Barclays.

http://forum.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3332786

Thanks Donkey.

My concerns are in regard to the way the appear to operate. I can't find anything about them being registered as a Data Controller with the ICO, so should not be processing personal data. If the don't have a CCA licence (something I will check later) they should not be acting as a DCA.

I am sure there are also rules about details they should have on their website. The lack of a telephone and this investigation fee are ringing alarm bells.

What if they charge everyone this fee? It could be a nice little earner on a debt that doesn't exist - money for nothing