Tax credit compliance letter

Gemy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4421 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI

I have received a letter from the hmrc saying that they have selected my award for review and that there were some discrepencies in the claim, They have the amounts i have told them and the actual amounts they hold from 2010 and 2011 they said they are extending their enquiries to cover the earlier (2010) claim under section 20(4) whatever that is. i mistakenly told them my husbands wages were 16000 gave them the info for after tax not before, and they are actually 21000, also i didnt realise that u had to declare the tax my husband pay on his car, As i didnt realise u had to declare it as we dont actually recieve the money so why is it classed as income. so now his wages have gone up to 30,679.00 a year, This is for both years. i had the usual panic as i have read everyone has done. but phoned them the follwing day(im also sending a letter confirming this just incase they lose the phonecall) and explained to the lady on the phone all of this and admitted that it was my mistake (although its not very clear to people who dont understand tax etc). She told me not to worry, she said she would send the info on and they would change my claim etc.

Now i have to wait to see what will happen, My question is how long does the process of them changing the entitlement take, or will they start taking the money back from next years tax credit awards, i know its going to be a fairly big amount. Im in a panic now as i have no money coming in (if they stop my payment on the 12th of dec) till the 22nd of Dec when my husband gets paid so im just wondering whether anyone was in the same boat as me and knew how long it takes for them to change it.

Any one got any advice on this?

Hi i received the same letter with around the same amounts and my letter had to there for the 9th Nov! Ive sent it and still heard nothing! Im due a payment on the 1st so its a waiting game I think! Wish I knew! I think I may call tomorrow and ask what my next payment is !

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i phoned them the other day and the lady said they havent even opened my case yet as they are backlogged on others, My money should go in tomorrow so i presume it will be the same as last month

• 2 months later...

Hi, i phoned them the other week, but had to send in paper work from my husbands work, they got some figures wrong, my claim was at the point of coming back from the penalties team, but now they have othe paperwork to look at they said it may take a little while longer. they did say they were going to write me before any of my payment changed to let me know.

How about u ???

Blimey thats not good i imagine mine will be the same then, and i deffo wont be able to pay that bakc in 30 days, lol, i think u can phone and ask to repay that over a longer period, im not to sure though,i hope u can, cause i hvent got that sort of money

Have u heard anything else? i spoke to the woman the other day and she said my overpayment will be something like 12000, for 2 years overpayment, plus they dont know about a fine yet, she said they are hoping to get them all sorted by the end of this tax year. so we will have to wait and see. well wait some more, its only taken since nov...im just wondering how much they will take back as im in no situation to have all my tax credits stop, i use them to live on....