Parking Ticket by Croydon Council In Private Parking Bay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4546 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I live in a cul de sac and my car was parked in a two birth residents parking bay (which is on private land). I received a parking ticket because the back wheel was slightly over the yellow line which is at the rear of the bay (I was unable to park any further in because the car in the bay in front was an estate vehicle and takes up a lot of the space...the bays are not side by side but in front of each other i.e. one car is parked in front so we have to move to allow the other car out).

My car was not parked on the yellow line and in their rejection of my representation was that 'If you cannot fit the whole vehicle in the bay, then you must seek alternative parking'. Can part of a car be parked illegally especially as it was slightly over the line perpendicularly not in parallel?

Any help on fighing this would be great!

Regards,

mcz

However petty the issue may seem it is the case that technically if any part of the vehicle is within the restriction there is a contravention. The urban myth is that the wheels must be on/over the line. Some ajudicators on formal appeal seem to accept the "De minimus" approach and say the issue was not valid others dont. I am assuming the ticket was for a single or double line contravention and not for parking outside a marked bay as you say the bays are private.

Thanks for the replies...

It is a single line which runs across the entrance to the bays... the line is neither even or straight (rather arbitary really). So you have to drive across the line to get into the bay and hence why my back wheel was over the line slightly.

mcz

Presumably the parking bay is on private land, rather than the footway/road. If you're projecting onto the footway/road at all, then you're subject to the restrictions indicated by yellow lines. The council's comment about fitting entirely in the bay is slightly misleading, as this isn't a bay parking incident - but in essence it is correct.

Whether to fight on? Can you put up a photo of the contravention somewhere and give us a link so we can see it?

this ticket does [only] say:

penalty charge notice

??

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture file

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

the hit reply button

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...