How's this for Customer Service!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6456 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I rang the Hellifax yesterday to complain about the unfair charges levied on my account: also to ask whether they'd received my letter yet? (They hadn't...surprise)

I told the telephone guy about the high charges and was told that I got my facts wrong!!! He said it only applies to credit cards, not debit cards! He wouldn't give his name because of "confidentiality", I told him that if I was wrong, then so were thousands of other people. I had the distinct feeling of being patronised so just rang off before Mr "Superior" could continue.

This is the latest situation of my account:

Basic account=no overdraft facility

Direct Debit refused = £39 bank charge.

By charging me £39= caused me to go £4.56 into the red.

By being £4.56 in the red= extra charge of £28 plus calculated daily interest.

So now I'm £32.56 (plus overdrawn interest charges daily) in the red whereas I was £12.78 in the black before!!!! Roll on Wednesday (payday)

Thank God I've also sold stuff on Ebay!!! this'll pay the charges for September!!!

Now what else can I strip the house of to sell ready for October charges!!!!

what absolute rubbish ! they do talk cr@p

did you send your letter registered post ? if you pay something like £4.50 then it is garenteed by 12 the next working day & someone HAS to sign for it

:D :D :D :D :D

Halifax Bank Account.. Sent 1st letter, to calim ££ on 08.09.06 - Recorded Delivery. LBA Sent on 22.09.06, Moneyclaim form sent on 10.09.06

Halifax Visa Account.. Sent 1st letter to claim ££ on 08.09.06 - Recorded Delivery - Recieved a letter on 21st September to say full amount will be refunded -- £240.00-

Argos Card Account.. Pending.

Egg Card - Pending

DESPIT MY ATTEMPTS TO DONATE TO THIS SITE I DO NOT HAVE A PAY PAL ACCOUNT - JUST TO LET YOU KNOW I HAVE TRIED !

On the subject of cardcash accounts.

When our joint account was downgraded from cheque account to cardcash account, we already had an £850 overdraft limit, which the Halifax didn't remove. We now have a cardcash account which has an overdraft facility. So now whenever they refuse a DD and levy the £39 they always levy a £28 as well.

Why do we now have a cardcash account when our combined income is way way above average, thats not boasting it's just a fact, because instead of increasing the overdraft limit temporarily to a workable level to help us through a difficult time, the Halifax demoted us to a cardcash account because that way they make more money out of us.

5 more days to moneyclaim application.

Claim is £3363 and rising.

Hi Mad marchare,

Even if they havn't received your letter, assume they have and proceed, sticking to your original timetable. They (apparently) never received my LBA even though i sent it recorded delivery. Royal Mail apologised for it's loss. However, i carried on regardless and filed with MCOL. They paid up a week later.

Good luck

Nona

[CENTER][SIZE=2][I][COLOR=DarkOrange]Any advice offered is only my opinion, based on my experience with my claim [/COLOR][/I][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2] I won my case because[/SIZE] I READ THESE FIRST[/COLOR][/SIZE] [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/"][COLOR=red]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/[/COLOR][/URL] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3]Halifax[/SIZE][COLOR=YellowGreen]-[/COLOR][/COLOR][B][SIZE=4][COLOR=Red][COLOR=YellowGreen]SETTLED IN FULL[/COLOR] :D:D:D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta] [COLOR=SeaGreen]Prelim letter sent [COLOR=Black]10/07/06[/COLOR] Moneyclaim issued [COLOR=Black]07//08/06[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]Settled in full[/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]15/08/06 [SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=1]Survey completed. Donation made[/SIZE].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][COLOR=Navy]Thanks to Dave and Bankfodder, and all who have given their time and advice[/COLOR]:)[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=red][COLOR=Black]Co-op Bank Visa[/COLOR] Settled after LBA (only £61 but hey ho, every penny counts) [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#00bfff] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Hello all

:?: I have a question.

Please do not jump down my throat for my simplicity :p but in such cases aren't we putting our faith in the Karma principle that these badly behaved companies probably have coming to them?

My story:

My account with NatWest caught me out when I least expected it, just as I was keeping my head above rather rough financial waters.

To cut a long story short I was plunged into the spiralling cost of bank charges of which I couldn't pay back...I expect that most of you know what I mean.

The thing that gets me is that as a result of this Banks actions in relation to my finance and their unsympathetic and I'd say rather cruel nature in conversations; I suffered very very nearly loosing my home and business, actually then going onto a benefit (Which the bank got in paying off charges before I found you guys.) and consequently a lack of confidence which seriously threatened both my ability to cope and run my business and therefore my quality of life as a whole and in turn my spouse’s quality of life... for over a year- and that's without children to care for. :-x

If this were anything like my imagination tells me so, :rolleyes: ...there should be a heck of a lot of compensation rolling around for all those lost years and months that many people like myself have suffered at the hands of Legal or not so legal criminals.

I realise that a lot of people are getting their money back now as the word spreads

But, in view of the rest whom might well have no idea (or computer abilities:razz:)

and are suffering terribly, we (as presumably good folk...) have a responsibility to put a stop to this.

The 'bank' obviously cares not one cent if it is responsible in any way for contributing to pain by living a 'vampire-like' existence on the most vunerable -as it continues to worship money but why do we let them get away with it? All that heartache that, as far as I am aware, British Justice would not wish to be seen to support.

Can not a big case finally put a stop to these mad charges?

(and so sails the big ship idealism)

Yours, not Amused, Moffie

P.S.

My curiosity extends perhaps to why hasn't this happened yet? I'm sure there is a good reason. -i.e. Is this a mad idea, and should I stick to my Karma theory! :p