Argos dragging their feet!

Bigredbus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6408 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ordered goods at Argos online. Same goods ordered twice as first time payment has been timed out by computer. Called Argos to cancel first order on their system. Despite being assured that order has been cancelled they still delivered the good twice in several batches. First order has been collected by Argos and signed for by the driver. Argos told us that refund should be in bank account by 7-10 days. After 10 days chaecked bank account and nothing has been refunded. Sent email to Customer Services. Replied that I should wait another 7-10 days for refund and as a gesture of goodwill they'll send a voucher for £10. What can I do to accelerate the refund process as they forced us to transfer funds from savings account to current account to pay bills... We talking £600 approx. refund!

Thanx :mad:

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.

• 2 weeks later...
:confused: Only an Idea , why dont you bill them for £30.00 for late payment ?..The banks do it to us...arhh but we get that back :p

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

I can't see why they would be delaying a refund, usually they are instant with the hold up being a max of 3 days at the banks end.

If you live close enough to an argos store, you can try to go into the store, and 'demand/request' a refund there.

The advisor then will be told to phone argos direct themselves, if the refund hasn't been processed and it has flagged as good recieved from the courier on the computer. (which after 10 days it should, if you have one take in a proof of collection), they should be able to 'instantly' process the refund via the system (as it was collected).

Should they have problems refunding you, if the manager hasn't been called out yet, ask to see him/her. Compain a bit, and ask them to sort it out.

The refund process with argos is instant with a debit card, any delays is up to your bank though this should not exceed 3 days at the most. If you have been charged anything by your bank, due to an error of argos, send a letter to the CEO of ARG (Terry Duddy address is in one of the threads).

I can't guarentee that you will get a refund in store, but it usually forces them into a tight situation, as you have tied down a member of staff to sorting it out for you, and most of them will be on your side.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

Hi Mate,

Go to Citizens advice bureau, they will compose a letter for you, get copies, send it to the department you are dealing with AND Argos legal department, you'll need to ask customer services for their address. See how quick the Sh!t hits the fan then :)

Rebel

vs Barclays Bank plc - £1670+interest @ 8% + Costs Concluded 24th June 06 - 5% donation sent

vs Bank of Scotland - £2226.42+interest @ 8% + Costs SETTLED IN FULL 6th Aug INCLUDING 8% pre court.

many thanks for advices... We sent a LBA... 48 hours after they processed refund...

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.

I had same happen to me, took what seemed an age for refund

The length of time for a refund to credit to your account differs depending on what day it is sent - however it should never take longer than 10 working days.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

UNTIL MY CASES ARE RESOLVED/WON IM GOING TO KEEP MY SIGNATURE BLANK AS IM AWARE THE BANKS TEND TO TRAWL ON SOME OF THESE FORUMS AND AS MY CASE IS A LITTLE COMPLEX IT WOULD BE EASILY SPOTTED

DONT WORRY - THE INFO SHALL RETURN ONCE THE CASE IS RESOLVED/WON