Notice of Issue - v Barclays

Ja25k
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6401 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi , I have followed advice from this and Martins Money Saving site. I have claimed from Barclays £997, been offered £450, refused and made a claim to the court. I have a Notice of Issue and the defendant has until the 24th sept to reply. What do I do next please?

Hi ja25k,

can you please start a thread in the Barclays forum and let us know what you have done so far.

Regarding what to do now, you just have to wait.

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

Hi , I have followed advice from this and Martins Money Saving site. I have claimed from Barclays £997, been offered £450, refused and made a claim to the court. I have a Notice of Issue and the defendant has until the 24th sept to reply. What do I do next please?

You wait till the 24th, normally Barclays will then file their defence at the last moment. You should try to get 'a judgement by default' by clicking on Moneyclaim if you filed on-line or by ringing the court if you filed manually. In a few cases Barclays have missed this deadline and you get the judgement. If this is the case it saves you a lot of time. Otherwise their defence goes in and you get an Allocation Questionnaire from the Court and have to return the AQ and wait for the Court to set a date.

Have a good look at Nightstars thread

Spotty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Statement request 4th May

Prelim Letter sent 24th May

LBA 7th June

Thanks but no thanks letter sent 22 June

MCOL 22nd June

Claim acknowledged 26 June

AQ sent 2nd August

17 Nov Court Date Set for 29 Jan 2007

Settled in full 12/12/06

• 4 weeks later...

I have now been sent an AQ form to send to the court. I have taken advice from here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/11644-allocation-questionnaires-guide-completion.html . The form has to be sent in by 25 Oct. Will I actually have to go to court....Ive never been before!