style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4560 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please can you let me know what happened to this poor person? My son is in the same situation and is so worried that it is making him ill. He knows he did the wrong thing and really regrets it. How long did it take to get the letter from RLP and how much was the fine for? Thanks for your help.

IT IS NOT A FINE

IGNORE THEM

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Whether you pay the RLP Invoice (not a Fine) or not, the end result will be exactly the same, but you will be minus the amount you paid them, so whats the point ?

People are under the impression that by paying RLP (remember a seperate company, they are NOT the store in question), that somehow some good will come of it, you may be banned from the store, you may be put on a 'database' (although this is questionable legally), and make a caution/criminal record if the police are involved, paying RLP will make no difference to any of these.

Andy

I received a letter about a week later. I was accused of taking an item worth £4. The "invoice" is for £92.46. I am going to ignore it, as seems to be the advice on here, and see what happens. If I receive another letter I will write back to them asking for a breakdown of the amount and informing them that unless I see copies of all their evidence against me, including CCTV footage, in order that they can prove their claim against me and give me a valid reason to pay their invoice, I will not be paying them anything.

Let them take me to court if they want. It will cost them more than £92 to get to my local county court from Nottingham!!