help - got caught using my mates 18+ card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4362 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Everyone...

Recently I have been got at Kingscross Station using my friend 18+ oyster card who is in out of country at this moment.

First I showed him my original oyster which has £3.60 in it.

Later when the officer had threaten me to show the other oyster card, otherwise he will call police then I showed him.

The officer asked me if my friend knew that I am using his oyster my answer was in affirmative.

My question is, will my friend also get prosecutde with me or they will send the letter to me.

The officer has taken all my details and had confiscated my friends oyster.

He said, the authority will send me letter about this matter and If I co-operate with them they will settle the matter with me.

I await to hear from one of guru of this forum,

very soon.

If you confirmed that your friend gave you his Oyster travelcard to use whilst he was away, you can both be charged with an offence

Did you give full correct contact details for both you and your friend?

He didn't ask any detail of my friend.He just took his my detail and his oyster. And in the end I asked him what about the money in the friend's oyster. He offered me if my friend report that oyster lost, he will get the refund. He also told me he wont report that oyster to student oyster's department. During our whole conversation he didn't tell me anything regarding my friend will also got prosecute. I was just worried because I took his oyster while he was away. He was telling me that its a crme but instead I told him I will manage, now I have been caught in this fuss. I just did to save £10 :(

If you confirmed that your friend gave you his Oyster travelcard to use whilst he was away, you can both be charged with an offence

Did you give full correct contact details for both you and your friend?

Sorry, there is mistake in above reply..

He just took my detail and my friend's oyster

Thanks, Honey Bee and Old-CODJA for your concern.

My another question is that, I am going out of the country at the end of this month will be returning on 30th November. I am quite confuse that what should I do if letter from TFL arrive during my absence. Please, reply me as soon as possible as I really need your help

P.S. I just give my details and my friend's oyster to the officer.

new thread created

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks, Honey Bee and Old-CODJA for your concern.

My another question is that, I am going out of the country at the end of this month will be returning on 30th November. I am quite confuse that what should I do if letter from TFL arrive during my absence. Please, reply me as soon as possible as I really need your help

P.S. I just give my details and my friend's oyster to the officer.

It will probably take a few weeks before you hear anything from them. I wouldn't panic yet, these offices have hundreds of cases to deal with every week.

It will probably take a few weeks before you hear anything from them. I wouldn't panic yet, these offices have hundreds of cases to deal with every week.

Please also tell me, as officer has not asked any details about my friend, will he prosecute as well, as i don't want him to involve in this matter

Please also tell me, as officer has not asked any details about my friend, will he prosecute as well, as i don't want him to involve in this matter

Hello again. Sadly, I doubt whether anyone here will be able to guess what TfL are thinking of doing. But if they have your friend's Oyster card, then they'll be able to identify him from that, won't they?

OC has already said he could be prosecuted if he agreed to you using the card, but you seem to be saying that he didn't agree?

I don't mean to be unkind, but the way to keep your friend out of the matter was to not take his Oyster card, especially after what he said to you. If you hear back from TfL, you will have to tell him.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

• 6 months later...

Hi, I received summon from court as I have used my friend's oyster. I posted my plea form along with means of information form, as I wanted to plead guilty by post. I thought that will be enough. But last week I received letter from court, in which it was stated that the hearing was adjourned due to my absence and ask me to attend the court on next hearing, which is on 12 June, n order to plead/or plead guilty. I am very worried, that this incidence had made my case weak. Please help me

whoops

no-one advised you to write a pleading letter when you got the first letter from the railway co?

i'd await the experts

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

This is probably because of something that you said in your letter.

For instance, if you said something like 'I plead guilty but I did not intend to avoid the fare' the Magistrates will consider that an equivocal plea and may ask for your attendance at Court to explain yourself.

Perhaps if you copy your letter here with all personal details removed, and also copy out the exact wording of the charge on your summons, we will be able to see what you may have said that could have caused the need for adjournment.

I just sent plea form in which there were three option given, which are given below

either,

1-plead guilty but don't want to attend court.

2-plead guilty and want to attend court.

3-Not plead guilty.

I choose first option and sent it to given address, along with mean of information form, in which give my income and outcome detail.

Then it appears there is something in all of this that gives the Magistrates reason to consider that your attendance to explain yourself is essential.

If you fail to attend, the Magistrates may not be amused and I suggest that you contact the Court immediately to find out why your plea was not accepted. You can then be properly prepared for the hearing on June 12th.

I called the court, they have received my plea along with means of information letter. The lady said might be the magistrate wants to ask more question about my plea, then they will decide about the fine.

I also want to ask, as I am applying for German student visa, is it necessary for me to mention about this conviction in the Visa application form.

Hello again, I'm pleased you're making progress with this.

When you say you're applying for a German student visa, do you mean a German student coming here or do you want to be a student in Germany please?

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

is this mean... they will charge me with serious fine...

No, it means that you will need to answer whatever it is that the Magistrates do not understand from your original plea.

Then, once they are clear about what you meant they will decide what action should be taken.