Swinton car insurance cancelled - need help please!

pinkpixie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4538 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I changed jobs a couple of months ago and as a consequence could'nt afford to pay some bills, one of which was my Swinton car insurance. I only missed one month and they cancelled it. They then sent me a letter saying I have to pay £246 which is the amount left from my monthly payments on it.

Unfortunatly as I did'nt have any money to pay this I had to leave it a week or two. Then out of the blue I recieved the following letter...

Dated 29th Sept '11

Further to our recent communication regarding the above we write to acknowledge reciept of your payment.

We can confirm that the debt has been settled and that no further action will be taken in this matter.

If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned.

Now like I say I could'nt afford to pay this off so was completly confused, I checked my bank and nothing had come out. I even called up my parent in case they had caught wind of the debt and paid it for me. But nope, they had'nt.

Then on the 10th Oct '11 I got a phone call from my angry mum who said that Swinton had taken £246 from her acccount on the 4th Oct '11

The only way that we can think of that they had stored her card details from when she paid the deposit for me (I have been paying all the monthly payments from my account and address).

She called them up and after half and hour managed to get an assurance from the manager of the Portsmouth branch that he would see that the monies are returned to her account.

As of this morning she still has'nt recieved the money, she has called Swinton again today and they say the money has left their account.

Yesterday I receieved a Final Notice letter from Swinton dated 18th Oct '11, stating that the £246 is still outstanding and if its not paid a debt collector will be collecting the debt.

Please can anyone advise what to do? :|

I changed jobs a couple of months ago and as a consequence could'nt afford to pay some bills, one of which was my Swinton car insurance. I only missed one month and they cancelled it. They then sent me a letter saying I have to pay £246 which is the amount left from my monthly payments on it.

Unfortunatly as I did'nt have any money to pay this I had to leave it a week or two. Then out of the blue I recieved the following letter...

Dated 29th Sept '11

Further to our recent communication regarding the above we write to acknowledge reciept of your payment.

We can confirm that the debt has been settled and that no further action will be taken in this matter.

If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned.

Now like I say I could'nt afford to pay this off so was completly confused, I checked my bank and nothing had come out. I even called up my parent in case they had caught wind of the debt and paid it for me. But nope, they had'nt.

Then on the 10th Oct '11 I got a phone call from my angry mum who said that Swinton had taken £246 from her acccount on the 4th Oct '11

The only way that we can think of that they had stored her card details from when she paid the deposit for me (I have been paying all the monthly payments from my account and address).

She called them up and after half and hour managed to get an assurance from the manager of the Portsmouth branch that he would see that the monies are returned to her account.

As of this morning she still has'nt recieved the money, she has called Swinton again today and they say the money has left their account.

Yesterday I receieved a Final Notice letter from Swinton dated 18th Oct '11, stating that the £246 is still outstanding and if its not paid a debt collector will be collecting the debt.

Please can anyone advise what to do? :|

not worry about a tinpot dca with no powers

as for your mums ac

what they have done is against the DD guarantee or CC rules do a chargeback

http://whatconsumer.co.uk/visa-debit-chargeback/

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

Please complain to the Financial Service Ombudsman (FSO) and the Office of Fair trading (OFT) Consumer Direct. Contact details on websites They will be most interested to hear from you to gain evidence against this rotten company. You may never get your money back, but they will try and help you! Also check whether you ever signed your credit agreement. Swinton are notorious for not fully executing insurance policies. Then they refuse to pay if you try to claim!! Please be warned everyone!

ofcourse you mean the FOS .

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...