Cassic Southwest trains failing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4570 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello guys,

I felt so strong about this that I would make a thread about it.

I have to get the train to work each day which is either £3.10 a day or £12.60 a week with a week ticket which is pretty fair i guess.

for 10 months I have been getting the week ticket of £12.60 and using my rail card number as my 'Photocard No'

and its been fine the guards have had no issues at all even if my ticket has gone a bit blegh.

On Monday my ticket gave a 09 error, I don't know what this is but I showed the ticket guys and he said its valid go through,

over the course of 3 days with 2 trips in and out of the stations I have had the 09 error and they have let me through until today.

The guard said, "you know this ticket isn't valid" he said to me that I needed a photocard or something

I showed him my rail card and apparently that wasnt enough and that I should be using a photocard instead.

I am very annoyed and angered at them for allowing me to use my railcard for the past 10 months

then to say to me today that "oh you have been lucky as all those tickets are actually invalid"

Do you think I have a case for at least getting this weeks ticket refunded as it was their fault?

Sorry for wall of text but this was very annoying

Cheers

~2d~

I asked a member of gateline staff what an 09 code was today, he said it means 'unreadable'.

That would suggest that the error has nothing to do with your railcard issue, photocard is a specific term however it is generally accepted that any photo ID issued by a train company can be used as a photocard.

A railcard will be issued with a photocard or will include a photo if it is a Young Persons railcard issued by a bank as part of a student account.

the error has nothing to do with your railcard issue, photocard is a specific term however it is generally accepted that any photo ID issued by a train company can be used as a photocard.

A railcard will be issued with a photocard or will include a photo if it is a Young Persons railcard issued by a bank as part of a student account.

That is correct, but to be accepted as valid with a travelcard / season, the number on the photo identity card must be entered on and must match the one on the ticket.

In my opinion, a member of revenue staff acting responsibly could have confirmed with the traveller that the ticket was his and then entered the photocard number shown on the identity card.

If however, the actual ticket was unreadable, it is not acceptable as a valid ticket. It is up to the holder to keep any season ticket in good order, but of course these may from time to time, degrade somewhat through normal use and not through any misuse by the holder.

If the holder takes any 'otherwise valid' ticket that has become unreadable in this way to the issuing office it will be replaced free of charge.

the 09 code simply means that the magnetic strip cannot be read, the actual ticket may be totally legible.

Views expressed in this forum by me are my own personal opinion and you take it on face value! I make any comments to the best of my knowledge but you take my advice at your own risk.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe not relevant, but for info, until recently you didn't need a photocard for a weekly ticket withing the London Zone system, but did outside of it. Now you need a photocard for all weekly tickets I believe. Maybe this is where the confusion lies with some staff?