Brighthouse arrears help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4627 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

My brother in law has 4 items from BH totalling about £31 a week.

He doesn't have OSC or DLC (I helped him remove these a while back after he fell into arrears)

He has missed his payments since (I believe) 10th Sept, and now owes 3 weeks payments,

but he won't have any money until next week, by which point it will be 4 weeks payments.

He has kept in contact with the store to explain the issue, and says the only time he knows for sure he will have money again is next Fri,

but he won't be able to pay the £135 odd to bring it up to date.

He was told if he took out OSC again he could return the items and freeze his payments, but as they are essential items (oven, fridge freezer etc)

he doesn't want to do this, an add to his debt with OSC.

He asked about refinancing his agreement but was told "I'll have to speak to area/regional/store managers first" but if they did it,

he'd be expected to pay this weeks payment, which he has already explained he can't until next week,

and they seemed even more reluctant to postpone the refinancing until next week (if it was allowed)

I don't think he's paid a third off of anything yet, but I also know from personal experience that it would be a big pain for Brighthouse

to get the goods back if my BIL was unwilling to co-operate (which he would be),

so it would make sense for them to sort out a refinance or something, but he doesn't want to come across as unreasonable,

so he won't say "accept what I offer or whistle for your crap", but he does want some sort of arrangement in place.

What are his rights here?

And what are BH obliged to do?

He's got me as a reference, and knows if they call me I'll just tell them to do one,

but he's worried about them harassing his other references.

Thanks in advance.