danmoz98 Vs Natwest

danmoz98
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6545 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've looked high and low and can't seem to find anything regarding this. There's plenty of information regarding everything but what seems to be missing (and other people seem to have asked) is who do you make the DPA fee cheque payable to in regards to Natwest?

Is it simply Natwest Bank PLC?

Sorry if this is mentioned somewhere and I've failed to see it.

Thanks

I'm sure either would work. They could probably cash the cheque if it was written to Elvis!

If you find this post useful, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the top right corner. Thanks ;)

Okay....I stand corrected. I have to chuckle though, as many years ago I worked as an accounts clerk for a building company. We did some work for NatWest Bank at the time. I get a right telling-off from my boss when I sent the invoice out charging for work at "NatWest Bank", I was told in no uncertain terms that I should have put "National Westminster Bank"!!

Mind you that was in the days when the sales ledger was hand-written in ink!!

I'm sure either would work. They could probably cash the cheque if it was written to Elvis!

Could cash or WOULD cash...?

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Yeah. I'm sure they used to be really firm on the whole "National Westminster" thing. Guess that's when they still maintained a pretence of being an organisation with some idea of what prestige meant.

DPA Letter received by NatWest 11/04/2006

DPA Request expires 21/05/2006

Statements received 15/05/2006

LBA sent 15/05/2006

If you find me vaguely coherent, click the scales.

Could cash or WOULD cash...?

Thst is most definitely a rhetorical question Spikeskull?

If you find this post useful, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the top right corner. Thanks ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I sent my DPA request on the 6th April, First Class recorded delivery. Just checked online as it's getting on a bit now and see it was signed for on the 11th April. It's now the 18th and I have yet to receive anything back, my £10 cheque also hasn't appeared from my account.

Is this the normal length of time that can be expected from them? Five days between posting and delivery seems a long time for First Class.

They get 40 days to respond to a DPA request.... thats the most frustrating wait I have ever had!!! - so in answer to your question, I think you just have to sit it out - they are within the legal time limit at the moment. If you sent it on 6th April - they get 40 days from the day it is received - so if you sent it recorded delivery - probably from 7th April which means they have got till about 17th May to respond :-(

Halifax - DPA sent 03/03/06.

Prelim Letter - Sent 27/03/06 ignored.

LBA sent 10/04/06 - Ignored

Moneyclaim filed - 26.04.06

Acknowledgement received 3rd May. Halifax state they intend to defend.

Halifax Settled in Full - 17 May 2006

If you've found this post helpful, I would be grateful if you could click on the 'Scales of Justice' button in the top right corner of this post.

sorry just saw it was signed for on 11th April - which gives them till 21 May (I think!)

Halifax - DPA sent 03/03/06.

Prelim Letter - Sent 27/03/06 ignored.

LBA sent 10/04/06 - Ignored

Moneyclaim filed - 26.04.06

Acknowledgement received 3rd May. Halifax state they intend to defend.

Halifax Settled in Full - 17 May 2006

If you've found this post helpful, I would be grateful if you could click on the 'Scales of Justice' button in the top right corner of this post.

They have 40 days from receipt of the request to respond.

LBA sent 15/05/2006

Yeah, that much I knew, however a lot of people here seem to see a turnaround of within a week. I guess they're just being more awkward with my request (although I don't see why, my charges can only come into a few hundred at most)

I'm still waiting for mine, too. I wouldn't worry; one way or another, you'll find out how much they owe you, and you'll get it back.

LBA sent 15/05/2006

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, this is very strange.

It's the 4th May and I still haven't heard anything back from Natwest regarding my DPA request.

However, I've noticed that yesterday (3rd May) they added a "£20 Late payment fee" to my Natwest Credit Card, the balance on this card was a paltry -£20 (now -£40), my last payment was 29th March. I don't believe I received a statement between then and now.

Now this card I've had for a few years, ran up a lot and paid it off, there have however been times when it's had such a small balance (like the above) I've totally forgot about it and it's gone 2-3 months with non payment, however I've never been charged any 'Late Payment Fees' before, until now. Could it merely be a coincidence that I've suddenly received this fee within days of missing payment or are Natwest playing funny buggers now they know i plan to reclaim all my Bank account fees?

i should also point out I've had no mail regarding this 'late payment' so no 'manual intervention' (or automated intervention even) was required, the minimum payment on a £20 balance would be something ridiculous like £3-£5 so a '£20 fee' is clearly unlawful.

Just phoned up the Natwest Credit Card phoneline and told them I was unhappy about this charge, they said they were due a payment on the 3rd, which they hadn't received so they charged me a fee (on the 3rd no less). Told the woman I hadn't received a statement this month, told her Iw as awareof moneysavingexpert.com and consumeractiongroup.co.uk and that these charges were unlawful and I was fuly within my rights to demand a refund and if I didn't receive one was entitled to take the bank to court for every charge over the last 6 years. Her response was simply "I'm not prepared to refund it, sorry" and hung up. :evil:

• 2 weeks later...

**************UPDATE*******************

15th May 2006

DPA Request fulfilled, bank statements arrived.

Packaged in the flimsiest brown envelope possible, which was ripped and had to be sealed by RM (I have pics if anyone would like me to post them?)

I was expecting them to be all a mess but they were neatly in correct chronological order and secured with a rubber band (maybe RM had done that?)

Just finished filling in my Excel sheet; £866 in charges (plus £223 8% interest; total = £1089) since 29th June 2001 and now. It's interesting to see how the charges slowly increased in price over the months.

Just to be sure, is this:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=182&highlight=excel

The Excel sheet we fill in when working out how much the bank owe us? Or is this just for working out the 8% interest?

My statements arrived in a similar condition to yours by the sounds of things. I complained to Nat West customer relations who were surprised they were in such a condition, apparently mine was the first such complaint! There was a number on the back of the envelope, 826, whatever that may mean!

Good luck in your claim!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6545 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks