Nat West Duplicate Default Entry

Peterbard
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6471 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently had a look at my credit report on line from Experian. And found that a default was registered from an account we had with the Nat West.

Since the default occurred in 1995 I had presumed that it had been removed the account had been settled eventually by an insurance payout.

On looking further at my report I saw there was an application for a current account registered in my name on the 7/09 /2003 obviously I had made no such application.

On further inspection I noticed that the default had been updated to the same date and had a small balance.

I rang the Nat West and they said they would look into it and asked me to ring back next week.

I also rang Experian, they agreed there had been a double entry of the same default and also said they would look into it and would I ring them back in a few days.

The evidence would seem to suggest that the Nat West has entered an imaginary account application into my record in order to keep the default active.

Are there any others out there who have had similar experiences?

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Are there any others out there who have had similar experiences?

It would seem not.

The thing is that it is only since i have been looking into the marvelous forum that i have been checking my financial affairs otherwise I would never have noticed it and the default could have stayed on my account forever.

I am now wondering what action I can take against the Nat West.

You see i remortgaged in 2002 and it turns out that i am paying a loading of 1% over the going rate. When I recently inquired the broker said it was because of informaation on the credit report. Since there are no other adverse entries on it i can only presume that they are referring to the Nat West entries that shouldn't have been there.

This means that I have been paying £65 per month for the last three years over the odds.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS