Scott and Co

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4624 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Here's the story: My husband's mother passed away in 2010 and we took over the tenency on the council house she was in. We were doing ok and then I lost my job due to being pregnant (they twisted it around) and we went into debt with arrears, both rent and council tax. We cleared the rent arrears and my husband was paying £25 a month to AA Hutton aka Scott and Co. Then, he got a new job and it was better paying so we were able to pay all our bills. Well, he paid £50 at the beginning of August and phoned today to pay an additional £25 and they said they had already sent it forward for wage arrestment (10% of his wages) because he didn't call before the end of August! We have records of the money coming out of our account! Can they do this? What can we do?

Hi,

I take it you've had a Summary Warrant and Charge for Payment.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

The general effect of an earnings arrestment is to make your employer take deductions from your wages and pay this to the sheriff officer. Failure to do so makes the employer liable for any missed payments. Your employer has a limited time to implement it and the arrestment must be operated on any pay day, starting at least 7 days after the schedule of arrestment is served upon the employer.

The service of an arrestment schedule should be made by recorded delivery or sent by registered post. The schedule must be signed by the sheriff officer, who should send you a copy.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert