IS and Council Tax Stopped - A Strange set of Events

babsjohn1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4642 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In June, for some strange reason my husbands benefits were rearranged. He received IB and a small amount of Social Security for me, they were combined into one payment, paid once a fortnight on a Monday. During June they were split apart IB moved to a Friday, IS was paid on a Tuesday for two weeks then stopped altogether. Following this we received a letter saying that our payments would be moved to the account specified by us. At the time we feared some sort of fraud, but on telephoning the DWP we were told it was a standard letter sent out when changes were made.

We trusted that everything was right. IB continued but no more IS was paid.

Yesterday my husband received a letter from our local council telling us that our council tax payments were being stopped because our Social Security payments ended on June 13th. We were puzzled, no one told us IS was being stopped. On further reading we discovered that the council would now like to know who resides at our address as according to them I have moved out. They were informed of this by the DWP. It is news to us. We have been married for twenty years, we have four lovely children and have lived here with my Dad for the last 16 years in what is my family home. Had I been leaving my husband I very much doubt that my Dad would be impressed if I left our home and all my children behind.

I'm not sure what to do about this. Do I have to prove that I have not left home? Why would they say this? Any help and thoughts are greatly appreciated.

I would phone them today.It sounds like mistakes with the continuation with IS may have been made.

Possibly then triggering information electronically to the council resulting in the letters you have received.

Hopefully you will get your IS payment backdated.

I am not a expert on this but reading your thread it sounds like mistakes have been made.

Good luck.Tawnyowl.