Incorrect default notice on credit file.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4316 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been working on some

Experian entries and received

a reply today to a letter they received

on the 15th September, very slow

but the problem is sorted.

???

A little confused, do you work for experian. My letter was dated 15th september, are you saying my problem is now resolved or are you referring to entries for yourself which coincidentally have the same date??:wink:

No I don't!!! I just gave you an

example of how long these things

take to sort out there is apparently

a considerable back log to be dealt

with.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi Stu None Taken:madgrin:

Some people think my approach

strange for a contributor to a forum

such as this, because I came to CAG

by accident while researching a certain

DCA, and stayed around I believed that

because of not being in debt myself

and having certain qualifications and

experience I could help, I see both sides

and look at the balance of possibilities

before making a decision on advice.

Edited by BRIGADIER2JCS

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

You seemed rather offended at the mere idea that you might work for a CRA.:!: Thanks for the help though, I'll wait to see the outcome of my latest letters to the CRA's.

Good to know there are people like you who are willing to stick around and offer advice to people who are a little less knowledgable. I've learned a lot from reading this forum.

I will keep chipping away at this and post my hopefully positive results eventually.

I have no Loyalties to any company

or organisation in any aspect of the

financial industries and am totally

INDEPENDENT :thumb::thumb:

• 1 month later...

I guess I've had a decent result with this so far.

No response yet from experian or equifax but call credit have removed the entry completely from my credit file. They haven't explained why but if it's gone I'm happy.

Equifax have stated on their online help page that the query has been sent to the 3rd party but no reply yet.

1 down 2 to go!

OK, I need some help with this one now.

Equifax have responded stating that the entry on my credit file is correct. I now want to know who to complain to about this as Forthright will not even respond to me and Equifax are going to keep the default on my credit file.

I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction of where to complain (I assume ICO and/or FOS) and is there a template letter I can use?

I have already responded to equifax stating that I will be making a complaint and seeking legal advice over this matter and I intend to do just that!!!

I have just printed off my credit report and I noticed something strange.

I have two entries from FF, one showing the original loan which started 17/05/2004 for £7964. The default/delinquent balance is showing as £0 and dated 10/08/2006.

I then have another entry from FF showing a start date as 14/07/2006, start balance £2963, default/delinquent balance £3259 dated 18/12/2006 but it is marked as settled.

I never took any other finance with them so I am assuming that this is related to the original finance agreement even though the agreement numbers end differently, one is 6095 the other is 095P.

If they are claiming that I owed them £2963 but subsequently marked the account as settled even though they claim I defaulted then surely they should prove where the settlement payment came from. The original agreement proves that I would have paid around half of the total original balance which is all I could have been held liable for as I returned the vehicle to them but they are attempting to claim that I owed them a further 3k.

Maybe one of you guys can make more sense of this.

Edited by sturose

Hi Stu,

The only route for you here is a FORMAL COMPLAINT,

which should be sent to the COMPLIANCE MANAGER of

the company whos name is on the entry, this shoulsd be

copied to the compliance manager of the CRA, and sent recorded delivery.

Stu, If you can post up copies of the entries from your file

I can if you draftb a letter for you, PM me if you want, all

information is confidential, without seeing the entries it

is difficult to analyse what is going on.

Have you placed notices of dispute on the entries.

Brig.

FF2.jpg

FF1.jpg

Both entries on my credit file, personal info removed.

I haven't placed any notice on my credit file as I'm not sure how to do this.

I can try this route but the problem I'm having with FF is they are just simply refusing to communicate with me. My last letter to them was a formal complaint addressed to the compliance manager. I will PM you the letter I sent rather than edit and post publicly and you can tell me if there are any points I failed to address which would result in no reply.

I am starting to get a little pee'd off with FF as they appear to be a law unto themselves from what I am reading about them.

EDIT: Why is the default date the same as the satisfied date also, is this usual practice???

Edited by sturose

Hi Stu, So what they have defaulted is the amount

left after you had paid more than 50% and returned

the vehicle in compliance with the terms of the contract??

It seems to me that FF don't know their base from their apex.

So I guess you have details of FFs' contact details etc.?

So missile to the MD or CEO is callled for copied to Equifax data controller.

Dear Curr or Madman,

I write in reference to your companies continued posting of a

default entry on my credit files when no default has occurred.

I have vwritten to you to FF to complain about this serious error but

you have for some reason chosen to ignore my letter.

For b clarity paid more than 50% of agreement No. XXXXXXX I returned

the vehicle as allowed in the contract and confirmed that no balance was

owed by me, this was confirmed by your company.

It is manifestly unfair and unreasonable to place a default entry

on my credit files AS NO DEFAULT UNDER THE TERM AND CONDITIONS

OF THE CONTRACT HAS OCCURRED.

This default entry is and has caused me great difficulty and

embarrassment in my financial dealings, I therefore require

the removal of ALL ENTRIES ON ANY CREDIT REFERENCE

AGENCY FORTHWITH.

Failure to comply WILL result in a complaint to the ICO, OFT

and your local trading standards department without further

notice to you.

I expect confirmation within 7 working days of the date

of this letter, if I do not receive a satisfactory response

I WILL take further action.

Try that google FFs' details to get the CEO or MDs' name

address the letter PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL.

Amend to suit and add any other complains you have.

Brig.

50% of the original amount is £3982 but they have defaulted for £3259 so I had obviously paid more than 50%. You are correct they haven't got a clue.

I have tried searching google for details about FF but it seems they are a little "below the radar" shall we say as there is very little information about them. They only seem to crop up on sites like this one, Speaks volumes about this company I think.

I have contact details which I obtained from this site as I cannot find anything elsewhere, I've looked on equifax website but they don't have contact details for Forthright Finance, I wonder if they are trading under a different name!

I will keep digging and fire off your letter on Monday assuming I get all the contact details I need, thanks for the letter it looks great, I'll keep you posted.

I have viewed the same info on another site and they also list the same directors. I guess it must be correct.

I'll send letters to all three directors tomorrow and see who replies first. It's about time we started to harass these low life instead of the other way around.

4th letter off to equifax data controller. If I haven't heard anything in a week I'll be back to look at taking the matter further.

Thanks for the help.

• 7 months later...

OK I need to rake this up again as I'm still getting nowhere with this one.

The default is due to drop off my credit file in December but if I can get it removed sooner I would prefer to but no-one seems to want to reply to me!

The last letter I received from FF (Bank of Scotland) was 28th December 2011 stating that they were investigating and they should be in touch within 4 weeks. 7 months on and still no contact. In the meantime i have raised a complaint with the ICO who have allocated a case reference number and stated that it is a staged process and may pass through several stages before the matter is resolved.

I received this letter from them on 12th April 2012. Is it usual for these matters to take this long??

I have emailed them since the letter to ask for an update but they didn't respond to me. Do I just play the waiting game here or are there any other steps I can reasonably take to speed the process up considering the default will drop off my credit file in December anyway?

Ok stu,

A Formal Complaint to

The Data Controller BOS

Ref:xxxxxxxxxxx

FORMAL COMPLAINT.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I refer to my extremely long running complaint regarding the wrongly

placed default entry on my credit files held by xxxx Agency (enclose screen shot).,

On 28th. December 2011 BOS responded with the answer that they were '' investigating''

7 months along absolutely nothing has been done and the bank has made no futher contact

with me the that time.

Given the amount of times I have contacted the bank to get this matter resolved I

can come to the following conclusions 1. The bank staff dealing with my complaint are

cover up misakes made, as this erroneous default has a serious impact on my credit

reference files I require immediate action from you to remedy this mistake.

Furthermore due to the length of time involved I consider that BOS should compensate

me your the damage done to my CRA files, the time, trouble and stress caused to me by

the banks incompetence, I consider that £100.00 for each month the bank has failed in its

obligation to remedy this fault.

The matter has been reported to the Information Commissioners Office and may expect to

hear from them in the near future.

I expect ackowledgment of this complaint in writting within 7 working days and confirmation

that the bank is at last going to remedy the default..

Send it recorded delivery to track receipt, don't use e-mail.

incompetent.2. Someone is deliberately failing to remedy this matter and are trying to

• 2 weeks later...

Received a reply from BOS. They stated that they have replied to me but at my previous address, (several months late I might add).

They are still maintaining that the figures are correct and I didn't pay half of the agreement which I believe they are wrong about, I usually double and triple check things like this!

They have however agreed as a "goodwill gesture" to remove the offending defaults from my credit files. I have just checked my equifax statutory report online and no default!

A good result IMO although several months too late but I now have a clear credit report so I'm happy.

Thanks for all your help guys.