style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4654 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm just doing a claim to get my PPI back from Cap1 on the grounds that my employer will cover sick pay etc and I also have a medical condition (arthritis) which might make the agreement void (not sure.) I didn't know I could get the PPI elsewhere either.

I'm trying to get as much ammunition as I can. I can remember the Cap1 rep asking me if I wanted PPI over the phone and I said no. I was trying to keep the costs down at the time not knowing I didn't need it anyway because of the reasons I've stated above. However, I've just found the letter I received from them after that conversation which states:

When you applied for your Capital One credit card you made a request for PPI. As you have not fully completed the CCA section for this insurance you are not currently covered by PPI.

This insurance is offered to help protect your credit card payments in the event of, Accident and Sickness (also referred to as disability), unemployment and loss of life.

If your credit card application is successful you will have the opportunity to discuss PPI when you call us to activate your card. We will continue to process your application for a credit card and if you require any assistance please call etc etc. We look forward to welcoming you as a Capital One cardholder soon.

Now there was a good reason why I hadn't filled it in because like I have previously stated I told them I didn't want it. Unfortunately, after receiving this letter I started to have doubts and went ahead and agreed to PPI (not realising at the time I didn't need it.)

Do you think all of this is worth mentioning in my claim?

Also, can someone tell me about the 'loss of life' statement. I thought if you died the debt died as well but might be very wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Hi

In your claim I wouldn't be going into too much detail at the outset...just put own the facts that you didn't need it, didn't want it, covered elsewhere. Also no needs assessment, suitability questions and no information about getting cover somewhere else.

In the evnt of death, it sounds like this policy may have paid the card off.

When one dies, the debt doesn't die and creditors are paid out of the estate.

Regards

ims

TBH:

i'd only use the FOS customer complaint form + an SOC

nothing else

cap1 can be crafty as IMS says

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

TBH:

i'd only use the FOS customer complaint form + an SOC

nothing else

cap1 can be crafty as IMS says

dx

Hi

Yes they can be crafty.

I've made my eyes bleed with the amount of reading around the ppi forums and the trends coming to fore at the moment seem to be...

Cap1 -> "You bought the ppi on the phone" but no records of these calls appear to be around

Lloyds TSB ->Claiming they don't have to keep stuff older than six years. Money Laundering Laws say different.

Halifax -> Ignoring SAR requests

Their deceptions continue in attempts to frustrate the people they mis-treated in the first place. Nothing new there then !!!!!

Regards

ims