• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Associates / citifinancial ppi contact address

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4535 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I am new to this forum, I have successfully claimed PPI refund for a small loan I have with Welcome Finance.

I would like to repeat the same , this time for concurrent top up loan agreement/s that go back to 2002 to date approx 15k.The loan now down to 7k still running .However, I can find no link to apply for the paperwork for PPI refund - or indeed any direct email for them on their website.

Can anyone help ? I have pdf'd all my loan paperwork from the start to current date, but now need an email address to send it along with a link to the required Citifinancial / Associates ppi application forms, the address please?

Many thanks,

SD

Hi sdoo

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks for the reply, I have googled Citi but with no apparent aids to help me claim PPI ... cant think why ? Its almost as if they dont want me to claim it back ? I hope someone can furnish me with a link / email address to get the ball rolling..sitting here fingers crossed .

Hi

In the library (top left) are a selection of letters. You could do with sending Citi a SAR (Subject Access Request) with a £10 fee. This is on the assumption that you don't have all the statements going back to the beginning of the account.

When you are applying, I think the best address to use is their registered office.

Citigroup Centre,

Canada Square,

Canary Wharf,

London

E14 5LB

They will pass on your request to the data team.

As this is Citi, please be prepared for a slog

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi

You said that you have all the statements going back to the beginning in PDF. Is that right? If so you won't need to SAR them.

To work out the value of your claim including interest you will also need the figures from the agreement, in particular the cash loan amount and the ppi loan amount. Do you have these figures?

If so you're up and running and I can let you have a spreadsheet that will calculate your claim for you

What you need to do is download a consumer questionnaire from the fos website and complete it. You will then need to send a copy of the spreadsheet and the completed questionnaire together with a letter of claim to Citi at the address already given. Personally I like the letter templates here...

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-1606652/LETTER-TEMPLATE-Mis-sold-PPI.html

I wouldn't be doing this by e-mail either. I would do it via recorded delivery. You don't need to send them copies of your statements just what I have outlined above, i.e. spreadsheet, questionnaire and letter.

Let me know if you have those figures from your agreement and we can move it forward for you.

Regards

ims

Hi , Sorry ims my last post should have said I have my concureent agreements going back to the beginning not my statements, will these suffice for the ppi claim calculation ?

Can you give me a link to the spreadsheet please ?

On a different subject - sorry to digress..

There was one thing I wanted to ask about my last claim against Welcome Finance - when they awarded it I owed approx 3 months due to the company I worked for going into administration. (company now solvent & have continuity of service with them)

My paymout was taken from the balance I owed them, they call me sometimes asking if I can make payments towards the arrears..I am still paying the contractual monthly payment & have only missed the 3 mentioned.Should the PPI have been applied to address the arrears? because their representatives when asked said it is an "adjustment" to the balance and not the arrears.So according to them I still am in arrears.. and even paying the full amount per month of £204 they then apply almost as much "capitalisation" about £160... meaning according to them my loan will go over the due date by approx 3-4 years costing ! I only missed 3 payments !

Recently funny enough a coutesy call from them the day after my ppi payout.. the branch knew nothing about it :) said they were pleased to announce that THEY had reduced my balance thanks to work THEY had done regarding ppi ? And said they would like to offer me the chance to pay off my loan if I pay 2.5 k the rest of the 6 k balance would be settled....comments please. Thanks to all who are contributing.

If you were to start a thread about Welcome in the Welcome Forum (yes we do have a dedicated forum for welcome-says a lot doesn't it) and ask the question there, one of the Welcome hating caggers could give you some advice.

This is the link for the interest tutorial and spreadsheets

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?757-Interest-Tutorial-and-Spreadsheets

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thankyou silverfox, if I were to post the details of each agreement would it be possible for some one to calculate for me ... triffle complicated for me I fear ?

Hi

If you post up the agreements, make sure you remove all personal information first.

Alternatively just type up the figures from the agreements into a post.

Either way, I'll have a look at them for you.

Regards

ims

Thankyou silverfox regarding the welcome comment, if I were to post the details of each concurrent citifinance agreement i have , would it be possible for some one to calculate for me the expected ppi... triffle complicated for me I fear ?

Many thanks IMS, I will compile the data and type the data into a post :) asap. I do not have the first agreement details , but I do have a letter stating the agreement number .... all the rest I have I will post.

Thanks very much in advance for your kind offer of assistance.

Does any one know if a ppi payout should be applied to pay arrears in preference to just reducing the balance ... effectively leaving the arrears outstanding ? I had a ppi payout would have almost covered my arrears yet it was applied as an adjustment to the balance, I thought legally it should come off the arrears thus reducing any further uneccessary charges.?

Comments please anyone

Hi

I think thay can use refunds to pay arrears but not adjust the "normal" balance because after the arrears have been paid, the remaining instalments haven't become due yet and they can't take them in advance.

Unless the account has been terminated and the whole balance has become payable.

Regards

ims

Hi IMS ,

From reading your reply, thats a very good point effectively they have collected illegally in advance. Do you think I should contact their head office rather than the local branch and request the correction & written confirmation that it has been taken off the arrears ?

Hi IMS ,

From reading your reply, thats a very good point effectively they have collected illegally in advance. Do you think I should contact their head office rather than the local branch and request the correction & written confirmation that it has been taken off the arrears ?

Hi

I'm not sure I'd use the word illegal....but I know what you mean.

What I would do is go through their formal complaints procedure. If they haven't played ball after exhausting that route, you could then get fos involved.

Regards

ims

heres the detail of the concurrent agreement details....good luck ...

1st agreement letter dated 28/09/01

cannot firnd any info from this loan - but I have the ref. no. on a letter

2nd agreement dated 12/06/02

total paid to customer 1492.50

refinancing 4507.50

insurance 1169.64 (have the creditcare insurance application & documents)

arrangement fee 100

amount financed 7269.64

interest rate 1.81%/month

annual % rate variable 25.2

no of monthly instalments 36

amount of monthly instalments 276.51

3rd agreement dated 24/2/03

total paid to customer 1017.99

refinancing 5782.01

insurance 2873.57 (have the takecare & creditcare combined insurance application documents)

arrangement fee 100

amount financed 9773.57

interest rate 1.88 %/month

annual % rate variable 25.6

no of monthly instalments 60

amount of monthly instalments 272.84

4th agreement dated 9/6/04

total paid to customer 1000

refinancing 7370.34

insurance 2005.69 (have the lifecare insurance application & documents)

arrangement fee 150

amount financed 10526.03

interest rate 1.74 %/month

annual % rate variable 23.9

amount of monthly instalments 284.05

current agreement dated 31/8/06

total paid to customer 2770.51

refinancing 7229.49

insurance 2537.41 (have the creditcare insurance application documents)

arrangement fee 115

total amount of credit 12537.41

amount of payable 16275.60

annual % rate variable 11.3

amount of monthly instalments 271.26

extra section in this agreement

headed " other financial information"

total charge for credit made up of interest 3623.19

arrangement fee 115

total charge for credit 3738.19

interest rate 10.39 / month

just wonder what the possible payout could be if the application proves successfull.?

Hi

Tricky one this because we don't have the details of loan 1. Loan 1 ppi will impact on loans 2, 3 and 4 because there will be residual ppi from loan 1 which has been rolled into subsequent loans.

However, lets work out the figures for what we do know.

Loan 2 repayment was £276.51. The percentage of insurance to the total of that loan was 16.089% (£1169.64/£7269.64 x 100) So of each payment, 16.089% was for the ppi. £272.61 x 16.089% = £43.86.

Loan 3 repayment was £272.84. The percentage of insurance to the total of that loan was 29.401%. The percentage of each payment for insurance was £272.84 x 29.401% = £80.21.

Loan 4 repayment is £271.26. The percentage of insurance to the total of the loan is 15.997%. The percentage of each payment for insurance was £271.26 x 15.997% = £43.39.

The other thing I don't know at the moment is how many payments you made on each of loans 2 & 3 before they were refinanced. With Loan 4, this was taken out in June 2004 with 60 months to repay. That takes us up to June 2009 which is when it should have been paid off and yet in post #1 you say it is still running with about £7k to pay. This means that you must have missed some payments or have made reduced payments or a combination of both.

So without knowing what payments were made and on what dates, we cannot get to a more accurate figure as to what you might get back.

But we can take a stab of an "At Least" figure.

I've attached a spreadsheet you can use to help you with the calculations. Save the attached spreadsheet to your PC and use one copy of it for each of the loans. In the list section underneath the coloured bits, you enter the date of a payment, the description (i.e. PPI payment) and the amount. You only need to enter data in columns A, B and C. The rest of the calcs are done for you.

If you made a reduced payment, you need to enter the percentage of that payment for that loan as described above.

When you have put in all of the payments you actually made on a loan, the sheet will give you the amount of claim and the interest relevant to that particular loan.

PLEASE NOTE that without loan 1 we cannot know what the rollover amounts were from that loan.

Also, there may have been rebates on the ppi on the event of each refinancing exercise. Did you receive any correspondence about rebates of ppi when you did the various bits of refinancing?

From what I've given you here you should get a feel for what you should get back but you will need to look for the dates of each loan repayment you made.

If you haven't got all the information there are two choices.

1->Submit a claim and hope that the bank and fos will work it out correctly

2->Send a SAR to get the full transaction history so that more detailed calcs can be carried out.

Regards

ims

StatIntSheet.xls

Many thanks for your help ims ... i will set to work on the calculations :) as mentioned i have lttle to none statements for each loan only the insurance agreement / loan agreements . I may have to bite the bullet on whatever they offer me for loan 1 (or sar them for all the data ?)

Should the sar request go to the london office given by silverfox in this thread as

Citigroup Centre,

Canada Square,

Canary Wharf,

London

E14 5LB

.... for a quick tally i will do the calcs regarding the payments made on each loan assuming no deviations from the agreed payment term up to the point of the next concurrent agreement.Is that correct

eg loan 2 would be reclaim £43.86 for each payment made up to the next loan date - am i reading that correctly ? .. do same for 3 & 4 add them together for estimated claim purposes - before i sar for definitive data for the calcs.

Your a great help

Many thanks for your help ims ... i will set to work on the calculations :) as mentioned i have lttle to none statements for each loan only the insurance agreement / loan agreements . I may have to bite the bullet on whatever they offer me for loan 1 (or sar them for all the data ?)

Should the sar request go to the london office given by silverfox in this thread as

Citigroup Centre,

Canada Square,

Canary Wharf,

London

E14 5LB

Yep...that will be fine

.... for a quick tally i will do the calcs regarding the payments made on each loan assuming no deviations from the agreed payment term up to the point of the next concurrent agreement.Is that correct Yep

eg loan 2 would be reclaim £43.86 for each payment made up to the next loan date - am i reading that correctly ? .. do same for 3 & 4 add them together for estimated claim purposes - before i sar for definitive data for the calcs. Yep

Your a great help

In the absence of the majority of statements I personally would do a SAR. I like to be in possession of as much informaion as possible as it might come in useful if you have to issue in court.

Regards

ims

hi IMS I forgot to reply to your comment

"The other thing I don't know at the moment is how many payments you made on each of loans 2 & 3 before they were refinanced. With Loan 4, this was taken out in June 2004 with 60 months to repay. That takes us up to June 2009 which is when it should have been paid off and yet in post #1 you say it is still running with about £7k to pay. This means that you must have missed some payments or have made reduced payments or a combination of both."

To clarify, after agreement 4 is the curent agreement mentioned sorry I hould have called that agreement 5 (current 60 months should have finished this year 31/08/11 - but having missed 3 payments during my firms administration will run over with their additions of interest added.

current agreement dated 31/8/06 .... (agreement5)

total paid to customer 2770.51

refinancing 7229.49

insurance 2537.41 (have the creditcare insurance application documents)

arrangement fee 115

total amount of credit 12537.41

amount of payable 16275.60

annual % rate variable 11.3

amount of monthly instalments 271.26

extra section in this agreement

headed " other financial information"

total charge for credit made up of interest 3623.19

arrangement fee 115

total charge for credit 3738.19

interest rate 10.39 / month

Incidentally,do you know what is the norm when you reach the end of agreement with arrears ? Are they going to ask for a final payment for the balance you think ? Or maybe offer to refinance balance owed .. would love to know how to work out settlement figures based on my current balance.(anyone know the formulae?)

Once again IMS cant thank and other contributors you enough for all your help :)

Hi IMS i have calculated, as an estimate

Agreement 2 = 8 x £43.86 = £350.88

A3 = 16 X £80.26 = £1284.16

A4 = 26 X £43.39 = £1128.41

A5(CURRENT) 57 X £42.29 = £2410.53

Total assuming no deviations = £5173.98

Im hoping , if successfull they will give me an estimated ppi refund of £5173.98 - arrears £813.78 (3 x £271.26) ... which should leave ppi refund of approximated £4360.20

I am hoping to ask for a settlement figure on the balance of approximately £3139.80