Defaulted Barclaycard Question.

martin's little pupil
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6389 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I have a Barclaycard that was defaulted on the 28/02/02 and i paid it up in full in april 2004 it's still showing on my Experian report and have just obtained an account number for this from experian has i no longer have any paperwork for this. I think, but can't be sure that i had to pay the money to a debt recovery firm via giro slips into barclay's bank. My question is, can i still make a claim on this and who to??? the debt recovery firm or straight to barclay's themselves.

Thankyou!!!...

GREAT WORK YOU ARE ALL DOING ON HERE!!!...:) :) :)

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I sent my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) in on the 30th september, half way through i sent them a reminder letter, but still nothing.

Before i sent in my SAR letter i telephoned them to ask about my account with them giving them my account number and all details concerning this account, they said they would ring me back when they had located my file as she had tried to locate it whilst i was on the phone but she and someone else in the correct department came back and said they could find nothing under my address at all, not even any one under my street name, as yet no-one has rang me back and their 40 days were up yesterday so could someone on here advise me where i take it from here and what do i do if they genuinely haven't got anything on me? cos i have paid the debt up in full as it was a default and it still clearly shows on my experian report.

any help would be very much apreciated...

Thank you!!!

MLP...

Hello martin's little pupil,

I held 2 Barclaycard accounts and one I finished paying of in August 2003, never kept the paperwork and as usual barclaycard refused to provide me with that information. Could you please tell me how Experian provided you with the account number I have my report with me and its shown, I would really appreciate it:confused:

Abbey:

Settled in Full after 1st Prelim letter 23 January 2006 :D

Halifax: :D

Settled in Full at court 21 June 2006

NatWest: :D

Settled in Full at court 22 June 2006

Barclaycard:

Data Protection Act Letter sent 09 June 2006, Microfiche letter 20 July 2006, response sent 10 Aug 2006.

Monument:

Data Protection Act Letter sent 09 June 2006. Kept up to date with delays for info. Statements rec'd 12 August 2006

Barclays (Mother):

DPA Letter sent 14 June 2006. DPA cheque sent back 23 June 2006 will provide statements for FREE:-) . Statements rec'd 12 August 2006.

Lloyds TSB:

Coming next

Capital One:

Coming next

Hello martin's little pupil,

I held 2 Barclaycard accounts and one I finished paying of in August 2003, never kept the paperwork and as usual barclaycard refused to provide me with that information. Could you please tell me how Experian provided you with the account number I have my report with me and its shown, I would really appreciate it:confused:

Hi,

If you call experian on 01159344050 and ask to go through to someone dealing with your experian report then give them the ref number on your report, then ask them if they have a refference for your Barclays account, which they should have.

If yours is a Barclay card/store card the same as mine i can give you their address and phone number directly through to the wright department of Barclays, just give me a shout if you need any more help ok...

MLP...

PS, You did me a big favour this afternoon cos i had searched my house out for their address and phone number myself, and had been looking for sometime, when i recieved your email i had to get out my experian report to give you the number, and there it was on the back of that, ironic, i think. so i hope we have both done each other a favour...

Take Care!!!...

Hi All,

I sent my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) in on the 30th september, half way through i sent them a reminder letter, but still nothing.

Before i sent in my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter i telephoned them to ask about my account with them giving them my account number and all details concerning this account, they said they would ring me back when they had located my file as she had tried to locate it whilst i was on the phone but she and someone else in the correct department came back and said they could find nothing under my address at all, not even any one under my street name, as yet no-one has rang me back and their 40 days were up yesterday so could someone on here advise me where i take it from here and what do i do if they genuinely haven't got anything on me? cos i have paid the debt up in full as it was a default and it still clearly shows on my experian report.

Thank you!!!

MLP...

Hi, Would it be possible for one of the Mods to have a read of this please, and point me in the right direction, i have since phoned Barclays again and they are going through all of their records under our address and name, they even gave me a list of the possible debt collection agencies that they deal with and only two of them related to us, i have phoned them both and given them the account number of this debt but to no avail. I am concerned as to where i take it from here???... I have phoned the Information Commissioners Office and they are sending me a complaints form out, but what happens if no-one can come up with the info on this account??? will i have a case to claim all the money in full has there will be no record to say i owed it in the first place???

Any info or help on this one would be extremely valuable and apreciated...

Thanks!!!...

MLP...

Thank you martin,

For giving me that experian number now I have hope in reclaiming charges for all accounts held. Glad I helped towards finding your report.

Abbey:

Barclaycard:

Data Protection Act Letter sent 09 June 2006, Microfiche letter 20 July 2006, response sent 10 Aug 2006.

Monument:

Data Protection Act Letter sent 09 June 2006. Kept up to date with delays for info. Statements rec'd 12 August 2006

Barclays (Mother):

DPA Letter sent 14 June 2006. DPA cheque sent back 23 June 2006 will provide statements for FREE:-) . Statements rec'd 12 August 2006.

Lloyds TSB:

Coming next

Capital One:

Coming next

Thank you martin,

For giving me that experian number now I have hope in reclaiming charges for all accounts held. Glad I helped towards finding your report.

Your welcome,

Give me a shout if you need anymore info or get stuck.

I'm still learning myself but ya never know if there is something we can share experiences on and fight together??...

Oh, by-the-way, I'm Tracey...

Hi All,

Before i sent in my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter i telephoned them to ask about my account with them giving them my account number and all details concerning this account, they said they would ring me back when they had located my file as she had tried to locate it whilst i was on the phone but she and someone else in the correct department came back and said they could find nothing under my address at all, not even any one under my street name, as yet no-one has rang me back and their 40 days were up yesterday so could someone on here advise me where i take it from here and what do i do if they genuinely haven't got anything on me? cos i have paid the debt up in full as it was a default and it still clearly shows on my experian report.

Thank you!!!

MLP...

BUMP...

Hi, Would it be possible for one of the Mods to have a read of this please, and point me in the right direction, i have since phoned Barclays again and they are going through all of their records under our address and name, they even gave me a list of the possible debt collection agencies that they deal with and only two of them related to us, i have phoned them both and given them the account number of this debt but to no avail. I am concerned as to where i take it from here???... I have phoned the Information Commissioners Office and they are sending me a complaints form out, but what happens if no-one can come up with the info on this account??? will i have a case to claim all the money in full has there will be no record to say i owed it in the first place???

Any info or help on this one would be extremely valuable and apreciated...

Thanks!!!...

MLP...

BUMP...

Hi Tracey,

If its still showing on your credit report this proves they still have some info on you and that they also sharing that info with the credit reference agencies!

Therefore I would suggest a stronly worded letter stating that despite their claims of having no information on you, you have evidence that they do actually have information regarding your account. Remind them of their legal obligations under a SAR that they must provide you with all information that they hold on you and that if necessary you will seek a court order to enforce compliance with the SAR and failure to send the info on time will also lead to a complaint being made to the Info Commissioner.

Even if you paid to a debt collection agency you would still pursue Barclays as they were the ones which levied the charges. Unless of course the DCA also added charges. Your SAR should reveal the DCA which collected the debt and whether the debt was actually sold or whether the DCA was merely colloecting on behalf of Barclays.

Hope this helps

Zoot

Oops Tracey I did not know that was your name.

I called up experian and they were able to provide me with all the reference numbers on my report. I have held two Barclaycard accounts, I paid SAR for one in July 2006. Does it mean I have to pay another 10 pounds to get a SAR for my second Barclaycard account?

Abbey:

Barclaycard:

Monument:

Barclays (Mother):

Lloyds TSB:

Coming next

Capital One:

Coming next

Hi,

I would imagine that would be the case, if they were two sepperate accounts, both with different account numbers, but that is only my assumption and if i was you, i would ask a site helper for the correct answer to your question.

If you go to the very first page of the site where there are the tenplate libraries and the FAQ's then scroll right down to the very bottom, you will see a list of all the people that are on line now ok? all the names in pink are site helpers, if you click on the one that you want, it will bring up a page to email them and ask them your question, then hopefully they will be able to help you ok?...

Good luck!!! and i hope you get sorted...

Tracey...

Thanks Tracey I will seek help from the site helpers.:)

Abbey:

Barclaycard:

Monument:

Barclays (Mother):

Lloyds TSB:

Coming next

Capital One:

Coming next