style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4659 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is really interesting. I bought an iMac from the Apple store - at the time, I thought I would pay for it through the BPF option instore. The paperwork was formulated in the store and was referred. I was told to call back in an hour and they should have an answer for me. I carried on shopping elsewhere and returned to the store for checking up reasons! It was approved.

Anyhow, I left the store with shiny apple product and paperwork in hand. Credit agreement duly signed and receipt attached. So, some months on I thought I would ring and pay it off. So...... I gave my agreement number to the phone operator and they have no record...... How is this possible? Now the naive amongst us would argue great! A free bit of kit. I'm all the more cynical regarding my credit file - however, on credit expert there is no record of any agreement ever being started. No search, nothing.

I'm inclined to keep my mouth shut but things rarely pan out that effective do they..... Is this something that may have happened to anyone else?

What would you do? I'm honest and would rather settle up than have this come back on me at a later stage........ in the digital age, things are rarely 'lost'.

Hi AC,

You should assume they will find the paperwork and, if you haven't paid when you should, they'll pursue you for it.

Put a complaint in writing to BPF giving them all references and account numbers that you have. Include copies of any paperwork to help them find the stuff on their system.

Put aside the money you wanted to use to pay it off. When they find it, you can pay.

If they don't find it, it's their problem as you will have done the right thing by attempting to pay what you owe.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)