style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4664 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a quick one....If one ( Say my friend, hehe) had a CCJ due to cash genie taking them to court and them accepting they indeed owed initial loan and 1 month interest.This was the amount paid to Carter Forbes.But is it possible to get it set aside? I mean I felt the court action was extreme as the person in question had numerous attempts to pay etc and all was ignored, however when the court papers came you can't lie as the amount is still owed so it was accepted.Now we are thinking whether it is worth looking into questioning whether them going to court and ignoring all correspondance was fair?Is this worth looking into?PS: If you work for Cash Genie/Carter Forbes - please dnt reply LOL

If you can prove you made adequate attempts to settle the debt then I don't see why there was any reason to apply the CCJ in the first place. You can dispute a CCJ but as I said you need proof that you made offers to the company to pay the outstanding amount.

thanks for the reply...well numerous attempts were made...all by email...so the proof is there...I suppose the sticking point was that everytime payment was offered it was only for intial loan amount and 1 month interest, which I believe is fair? Not the amount they claimed in court.Prob worth noting that they settled for this same amount in court...initial loan and 1 month interest in court...however court fees had to be paid, which was a bit unnecesary as they accepted the same amount as previously offered....£75 is prob worth getting the CCJ set aside though and having a judge look at their actions....

Well yes the debt was admitted.So we saying it is not worth the hassle?I suppose the issue is not really whether or not it will be on the credit file- its more the fact that they decided to take the route of court rather than settle when the offers of settlement were being made.