phones4u miss sell

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4686 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi . I have a problem of which i could use advice on.

I purchased a new contract phone from phones4u.

The problem i have is this.

I told the salesman i needed a phone for business and the features i needed were for it to conect to the internet and connect through my laptop so i can do sales via credit card if i am mobile.

I was then showed a galaxy sii of which i could accept credit cards and also use the wireless tap function with barclaycard ( basically making my phone a credit card reader) and it would do everything i wanted. on an orange contract

We then went down the route of the repair service aggreement of which he stated if anything goes wrong with thephone it would be replaced etc. for £9.99 a month. So i took out the contract.

4 days after i got the phone i left it on the dashboard of my van and i heard the screen pop and the glass cracked where the button pushes throug the whole in the glass. The Phone still worked perfectly although potentially you could cut your finger on the glass.

I took the phone back to phones4u and they stated yes you are covered through your insurance and would have to make a claim through them.I explained i havent got the insurance documents from there premier plan yet. They then stated there is a £50 excess on this phone that i will have to pay and my phone would have to be sent to there repair centre and would take 14 working days to repair. but you are covered. If i was told this i would not have gone ahead with the contract as i need the phone for business

This was not stated to me at the point of sale and i would potentially now have a loss of the excess of £50,1 months insurance £10 and also 1 months line rental with orange of £46. costing me over £100 and still not have the use of the features of the phone for a month.

There answer was to cancel my insurance if i wasnt happy and go elsewhere for insurance.

I then spoke to orange and the operator did say she would give me some discount towards my airtime after the problem was sorted out but she could not do anything as my contract was through phones4u not them.

Orange did state though if i had purchased through them i would only be paying £15 excess and would have got a phone the next day.They also stated that they could not cover the handset as it was not supplied by them just to rub salt into my wounds.

After making enquirys I find i am locked into my contract now for 24 months and i cannot get a next day replacement repair contract. of which iw ould need to keep my business up and running. The only way i can get out of the contract is to pay £740. and start again which is unfair.

Even once the handset is repared this time if something went wrong with the handset in the next 2 years I would potentially not be able to trade for up to 1 month whilst the phone is repaired again.

I would like any advice of what to do next.

thanks Paul