Mortgage arrears barclays

Joanne1989
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4352 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No, read my last post. Legal proceeding have begun when you receive a court claim.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you get proof of the recorded delivery signature from the royalmail website for the last letter you sent?

What's the attachment of earnings for?

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Do you know when you will be going back into work - you need to get that file so you can send copies of correspondence with the letter you are going to send.

If you are not employed then the ex employer will let the council know. The council will then get in touch with you to confirm you are unemployed.

I have the two letters on my computer from when I've saved them I think. I won't be able to post the letter until Tuesday due to the bank holiday anyway. If not I definitely have a copy in my filing o the budget sheet and the two letters.

Would they go for a liability order then

OK, best to wait till you can get the file. If you are on internet banking you can print out the proof of payment by just selecting each individual date the payments were made and print that out.

If they have an attachment of earnings then they will already have got a liability order.

OK, best to wait till you can get the file. If you are on internet banking you can print out the proof of payment by just selecting each individual date the payments were made and print that out.

If they have an attachment of earnings then they will already have got a liability order.

Printouts done of previous letters and the shots of my payments.

Would that mean I'd need to make an additional payment to council tax or would they send bailiffs

You're looking too far ahead re the council tax, at this moment you still have a job so the CT is not an issue. You need to address things as they happen, there's nothing you can do about the CT just now.

Let's get the letter to the mortgage company first. I'll draft one up for you later today. I am going away tomorrow for a few days and will be back Thursday evening.

Hi there, affixed is the letter - attach the copies of your previous letters and also the details of the payments you have made in July and August. As usual, send by recorded delivery to the address on the letter you have just received.

Joanne1989 letter Aug 11.doc

• 1 month later...
Many thanks have a great holiday, going to print it tonight. Sorry again

Hi ell-enn

A big big thank u, I have received a letter and they uve accepted the payment prOposal of £691.13 until cleared. Am absolutely chuffed, no court hearing or

Anything. I also have got a new job so big smiles all round. Thanks you so much

Hi Joanne, that's great news ! well done for sticking with it :) I was wondering how things were with you.

As long as you stick to the payments you have promised you'll be ok, hope you can relax a bit now and enjoy your new job :) don't forget to come back to the forum and let us know how it's going.

• 6 months later...

Well 6 months on and still sticking to the +£200 however payments are now £705 due to added interest and I am struggling. Kids need new clothes and just had a horrendous gas and electric bill :( Hard times

Thank you for your help

Just thought I'd update x

Hi, you could write to them and ask if you can reduce your arrears payment until you have cleared your gas and electric bills. Then see if you can come to an arrangement with the gas+ electric to pay it off at an amount you can afford - worth a try :)

Hi, you could write to them and ask if you can reduce your arrears payment until you have cleared your gas and electric bills. Then see if you can come to an arrangement with the gas+ electric to pay it off at an amount you can afford - worth a try :)

Ideally I could do with just paying £100 a month off the arrears as n power will only accept £140 a mOnth as they say I use more than my direct debit Grr...

However I am scared again. :s

Got 13 payments left

OK, do you want me to draft a letter asking to reduce the payments for a few months till you catch up with your utility bills ?

• 1 month later...
Did they phone you to ask for the statements? If they look as if you have more money than you have because your mum has lent you some money don't send them! A judge will not ask for bank statements. Please try to stay calm - you will not lose your home. Just sit tight and make the payment in July

Hi Ellen

Just wondering in December I am facing losing my job and I think there will be approximately £1200 left outstanding and I'm not sure if there's anything I could do as I don't want another failed arrangment

Thanks

Anything could happen before December Joanne, you might find another job long before then.