HFO & Turnbull Rutherford have issued me with a summons and I'm freaked

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4610 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does that show the last payment made? It could very well be close to Statute Barred which is probably why they were trying to get a default judgement of some sort.

It may well be worth ringing Barclaycard on Monday and asking them to give you the last payment date and ask exactly the name of the company sold to and when (don't mention HFO) Ask them to confirm in writing

Barclaycard recoveries 0844 556 0066

It will be Statute Barred 6 years (5 if reside in Scotland) after the last missed payment or written acknowledgement of owing this

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did receive a reply from OFT basically acknowledging my letter but not giving any further detail. I haven't head anymore from them or HFO so far. Nor have I heard anymore from the court I don't know if that is good or bad really.

Presume that the claim was 'stayed', may be worth ringing the court and checking. Definitely update your OFT complaint and tell them that the legal action has been halted, ask if your original complaint is being processed. Sending people shots of their house is not on!

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

I've had a letter from OFT today. It acknowledges my letter of June and is asking me for details of my complaint, copies of a statement detailing my contact with them including phone calls, letters received and sent to them. It states they are considering a company's ongoing fitness to hold a consumer credit licence and they can challenge a company's right to hold a licence if they commit unfair business practices if they do take action against them they would need to disclose details of my ID and complaint. Possibility of being called as a witness. It states because of restrictions they are unable to give information about any action that may be taken in response to this complaint.

This sounds quite positive and its thanks to you guys for advising this.

We’ve been telling people to complain for years and years, so this is just the result of one hell of a lot of disgruntled people finding themselves on the wrong end of unreasonable, unfair and (IMO) misleading behaviour. While CAG is great, it is but a tiny pinprick on the bum of companies like HFO – there must be bucketloads of other people complaining, possibly via other money forums, most likely via Trading Standards. It just shows that the public can always smell a bad egg.

At last something is being done.

I hope the OFT know realise leopards don’t change their spots just because they get caught.