Insurance not paying for hire van

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4706 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

About 3 weeks ago I had a 50/50 RTA & once my van was recovered to a garage of my choice I hired a van thinking I would be covered by my insurance for the cost. My insurance now say I would only be covered for a small courtesy car if I had put my van in for repair at one of there approved garages. At no point in over two hours of dealing with them about the recovery of the van & myself on the day of the accident did anyone from there end ever mention any of this.

Can I pursue this in order to recover my costs & if so who do I see??

Many thanks,

Chris.

Thanks for the reply...

The point I am trying to make is that we were on the phone for two hours with them & were never given that option at any time. No one said you have to do this or use one of are garages & when I gave the name of my garage no one advised different.

Surly they should have do this as I wasn't that bothered were the van got repaired.

Chris.

sounds to me as though you dont have courtasy car cover on policy (even if you dont approved insurance repairers will normally provide one) if you pay specifically for the benefit then the car is normally provided by a hire company and your insurance would have told you when you called , there not under obligation to tell you though as you cant expect them to know what your needs are so its down to you to make requests based on your needs, to be honest i cant see that you have the extra courtasy car cover so think you may well find that you are responsible, also when you did hire did you tell them it was to be covered by your insurance???, if you did then i think they will have advised you that you will be responsible if your insurance dont pay up so again it seams like you might be on a loser here