Natwest rejects Case, still awaiting appeal

noble2k11
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4747 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, my name is Ademola.

I am 16 and I am a Victim of Online Fraud. After mistakenly filling in details for an phishing hack, I have now become liable to pay of an £8000 debt and I have currently appealed. Please, I am desperate as I do not currently have a Job and have no way of paying this back and I need help. I would also like to know what the beneficiary bank would be able to offer me. Thank you.

Number of query's

Have you reported this to the Police?

Have they given you a crime reference number?

Have you informed the office of fair trading (OFT) & trading standards (TS) of this via consumer direct?

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/UsefulContactsByCategory/Governmentcitizensandrightscontacts/DG_195948

You can also report online issues here,

http://www.actionfraud.org.uk/FRAUD-ALERT-identity-theft-in-your-area-sep10

http://www.financialfraudaction.org.uk/consumer-landing.asp

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Report this to the Police in the first instance, everything else will follow from there.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

If you can give a bit more info, who is saying you owe this money? The bank?

How do they say they paid this, was it direct to you, what was the fraud?

The fraud team that I spoke to said that my personal information had been compromised and they had to decided whether or not to wipe the slate clean or make me pay for it.

What actually happened was that I stupidly filled out a phishing [problem] claiming to be from the bank and because of that, the fraudsters were able to access my account. What really confused me was that they were able to put a "online cheque" into my account according to the bank statements I received that exact month, and they were transferring a specific amount of money into my account all in one day before the cheque bounced.

Let the bank conduct it's investigation, although I would ask them if they have informed the Police, if not you should do so.

IF they won't/don't or can't wipe this fraudulent debt then that will be the time to escalate your complaint to the FOS.

Hi Noble,

Sorry to hear of your problem! This seems to be becoming the latest phishing enterprise.

Sorry for the questions, but to allow us to advise you better..

How (by what method) did they withdraw the £8000 from your account?

Was it all in one payment, or a number of smaller withdrawals?

How long have you held this account, and is it your first bank account?

Do your parents know about this and are they helping you?

kind regards,

Elsa x

This is very similar to what happened to me albeit a much larger amount. What is an online cheque? I've never heard of one. Also I know NatWest need I.D for any withdrawals over £5000. How did the fraudsters manage to do this?

Good Luck with your case.