Ltsb set up s/o then charge £80

rigbyp56
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4724 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everybody. i am trying to help out a friend. she has three accounts with ltsb, none have any money in,

she has tried to set up a payment plan, offering £1.00 per account as she is on benefits. i have sent them a letter asking for a hold on the accounts for a period of 28 days, to seek advice.

i am now going to send them a personal budget sheet, and an offer of £1.00 per account per month, i have dealt with these people before, and with the help of this site i have them playing the same tune as myself. am i going about this the right way. they are charging £10.00 per day for eight days total £80.00.

they set up the standing order and she was told to pay fourteen pounds per month or be charged the above amount. is this legal. she is at her wits end with these people. any help and guidance would be

appreciated. total amount owed over 3 accounts is less than £1k.

regards rigbyp56:-x

I would advise your friend to write to the Bristol office customer care explaining the issues that have had with "collections" and if you have spoken with there offshore collections include that your friend has have verbal issues when dealing with them because of the accents etc. I had the same issues a while back and after sending the letter they phoned me and advised as a "gesture of goodwill" they will refund all charges and interest. also note in the letter that you expect them to "hold" the accounts while the complaint is investigated (this will give you a few weeks peace)

Good luck.

Hi Everybody. just an update of what is going on with BLS/LTSB. ( 9Phone Calls. And Three Threatening Lettrs.(2 BLS, 1 Ltsb.) This all Happening 14 Days Into The 28 Days I Requested

In A Letter Dated 06/05/2011. I am Thinking Of Sending Them A Letter With An Income/Expenditure Form And An Offer Of Payments Of £1.00 Per Month Per Account.

I Will Also Include A Letter Warning Them of There Harrassment By Phone. Am I Going Along The Right Route. I Cannot Afford Anymore Than The Above Offer.

rigbyp56