RLP changing price tags is theft.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4750 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have read on here that people are getting caught changing the price of goods so that they get something cheaper than it is, sometimes only by a couple of pounds.

This is still theft

Anderton v Whish 1980

It states that by changing the price you are assuming the rights of the owner, and this is 'appropriation' for the purposes of the theft act.

I want to add that l do not agree with RLP but we are getting what is the result of cuts to Policing, it really is that simple.

RLP is wrong,,,, but if you have changed price tags then you have committed theft! You have completed a conscious act.

I do not however suggest that anyone pays up to RLP.

Just thought l would clarify a legal point.

Cups

While I have not found the time to read the judgement of Anderton v Wish 1980, it is probably out of date because the Fraud Act 2006 covers so much of what the Theft Act failed to cover.

Under Section 2, Fraud by Misrepresentation, it would count as an offence to change a price tag, dishonestly intending to deceive, whether or not there was an actual gain of the property, which there was in Anderton v Wish.

Yes l know about the Fraud Act, but the theft issue is easier to prove.

All l was trying to point out to people is that changing the labels for a lesser is wrong. Even it is only a few pounds.

I still think RLP practices are wrong.

Cups