• Tweets

• "as I have no tools available to merge documents, unless you can suggest any free ones that will perform offline merges without watermarking" (which you don't) ... but ok please upload the documents and we'll go from there
    • Please go back and read my message posted at 10:27 this morning @jk2054. I didn't say that I wasn't going to provide documents, only that I will upload them to an online repo that I am in control of, and that I would share links to these. You shall still be able to read and download them no different from if they were hosted here. And, the issue I have is not so much with hosting, but using an online pdf editor to create a multi-page pdf, again I have discussed this that same message.
    • Thanks ,DX, I'd forgpotton about that letter and can't remember sending a SB letter. I must have left it and they did not chase. Unclebulgia. Yes several periods of no contact. Think its time for the SB letter . 
    • well if your not going to upload documents because you are too scared of your data being stolen and someone rocking up to you we are going to struggle to help you peoples energy data breach has nothing to do with a hosting site...
    • Whilst trying to point score over Biden, Trump can't remember the name of his own doctor. Trump gets name of his doctor wrong as he challenges Biden to cognitive test | Donald Trump | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Gaffe came as 78-year-old Republican presidential candidate sought to bolster his support among Black and Latino voters in Michigan  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

1st Stop and AoE by the old address judgement trick - help to set aside please ****Claim Withdrawn****

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4492 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Penalty interest stops DB as soon as the set a side was applied for? Surely T&C would provide for this to continue irrespective of an application if it is in the T&C,s!!!!!

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure what to make of what was on the CD.There is no statement of account, no default notice,no termination notice, no transcripts of recorded calls, no details of any legal action. They have sent copies of all the ID they requested when I took out the loan.Copies of application form, copy of a loan agreement and seperate terms and conditions.There is a piece of paper regarding arrangement fee and broker fee.At the time I dealt with them direct, and did not go through a broker.When I say there are no transcripts of calls, there is a list of calls made to my work stating 'phoned Mr S at work but not in. Phoned Mr S mobile but no answer.Mr S requested everything in writing (yet they still continued to call).One thing that must go in my favour is a note stating 'Changed address on system'.There is a note saying 'Atlas letter sent to Mr S'. Another saying '2nd Atlas letter sent to Mr S'. Who is/are Atlas.I have NEVER heard from them or about them.They claim to have sent me copy of my agreement in late 2010.They have sent nothing.And even if they had, should it not have been part of their reply to my SAR?.There is a note stating 'Called Mr S mobile, and he had a very blazee attitude saying he will only pay if we take him to Court'. Let me assure youl this is not true.I asked for a statement of account to determine what I did actually owe them.Dated 17/03/2011 is a note stating 'Account for legal action'. and 28/03/2011 stating AoE gone to employer.Even if I had been aware of the CCJ, this timeline does not even allow me to defend it.Another not saying 'Fax sent to County Court'.If this is true, should there have been a copy sent to me in my SAR request?Sorry for the confusion regarding the recorded calls transcripts.There is no call mentioned about the one I received in February this year, so unfortunately it is my word against theirs on that.I need to go back to the library as there was not enough ink left in the printer.There are 86 pages in total but they still have not sent what I asked for.Am I right in thinking that usually an account could be put in to dispute if they fail to comply with a SAR? Bear in mind that they have already taken action, although enforcement action is suspended until the outcome of my Set Aside.I want to repeat, I am not trying to avoid a debt.I just want to know what I do actually owe, not what they say I do.Sorry for the long post.I thought I had everything clear in my mind, regarding the Set Aside hearing, I feel like I'm back at the beginning. Can someone please advise if/when you get time.Thank You, as usual..Regards...Signaller

I am aware that the Court will probably only be interested my grounds for a Set Aside, and not necessarily how they obtained the CCJ in the first place.I am confident (mostly thanks to yourselves) the Set Aside will be granted.I still want to go after them for the way they have conducted themselves, and will contact the relevant bodies in due course.

You say above you got the agreement, T&Cs and broker details. Please let us see these as a matter of urgency.

Also, did they show dates for those phone calls? Do they match the call dates on the statement?

We have to get your defence in by 4pm on Thursday 17 November – two days! Do this quick! If it’s on disk, contact me via PM if you want me to help redact them for you and post up. Saves scanning.

Penalty interest stops DB as soon as the set a side was applied for? Surely T&C would provide for this to continue irrespective of an application if it is in the T&C,s!!!!!

Andy

This just shows how sh1te their record keeping is. The account does not exist once they get judgment – the judgment becomes the agreement!

How much does the copy of your agreement show you borrowed?

If they claim to have lent £952.50, they have charged £419.82 in interest to bring it up to the opening balance of £1,372.32. THIS ALSO SHOWS THAT INTEREST WAS CHARGED AND APPLIED UP FRONT. Andy, does this indicate what kind of credit agreement this may have been?

The level of payments indicates you would pay this back over nine (9) months.

That’s an annualised interest rate of 58.8%!

Looks like a form of elongated pay day loan, in all honesty i would just be fighting the penalties charges/interest to reduce the amount then agree a payment plan on a flat figure.

It is a front loaded interest loan spread over 9 payments, Sig has been hit and miss with repayment and has therefore breached the agreement however their service was bad and have quite clearly abused the T&Cs letter charges, phone charges, penalty charges plus interest.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you.I was in the library and had to log off as someone was waiting.I had an exisiting loan with them.This one was a top up loan.I did not go through a broker for this one.I dealt direct with the ClaimantThere are no broker details.What there is, is a form saying 'I agree to pay a broker fee of 10% of the advance'. It does not say who it is paid to.I have signed this form but it is not dated.As I'm at work I cannot scan anything here.There is nothing in the T&C's regarding penalties or interest.On the loan agreement it states ' Total Ammount of credit - £750.-- Ammount of Credit for Cash Advance £400.18.--Ammount to Settle Existing Agreement £349.82 -- Ammount of each Monthly Payment £152.48 -- Number of Payments 9.-- APR Variable 389.70%Total Charge for Credit £622.28 (consisting of) Acceptance Fee £127.50 -- Broker Fee £75 -- Interest Charge £419.78 -- Rate of Interest per Annum 151.80%.I hope I've not caused too much confusion, and will answer all your questions as best I can.With your help, I would like to get something typed up today and can take it in to Court tomorrow.Thank You all once again.RegardsSignaller

I was in such a rush when I left home this morning I just grabbed my mail to read later. Anyway, there is a letter from the Court about the Set Aside.Amongst it is a 'Certificate of Satisfaction or Cancellation of Judgement Debt' stating 'The Judgement giving rise to the registration has been set aside'.Also a form headed- 'General Form of Judgement or Order- stating 'Before District Judge xxxx sitting at xxxxxxxxxx' Upon hearing the defendant in person and the non attendance of the claimant IT IS ORDERED THAT BY CONSENT1, Judgement be set aside on the condition that the Defendant do file a defence by 4pm on xx/xx/xx when further instructions will be given.There is another form headed 'General form of judgement or order' stating ' Before District Judge xxxx sitting at xxxxxxxxxx - Upon hearing ther defendant in person IT IS ORDERED THAT the judgement against Mr Signaller dated xx/xx/xx be and is hereby set aside.I usually open my mail as soon as I get it.Still need to get something in to Court though by 4pm Thursday.

I’m thinking that they may have rolled your broker fees and their 'acceptance fee' into the loan. If so, this must be clearly stated and delineated. They should not apply interest to acceptance fees, for example.

I apologise further for any confusion I've caused.There is nothing in the T&C's about charges.However, there is a small section on the loan agreement under key information, stating 'If we have to write to you/phone you/if any payment you make is returned unpaid' each seperate charge is £12.I only received one letter from them regarding a doorstep visit.The date on it does not compare with what it says on the statement.Also, only one of the phone calls on the statement compares with what they sent in the part response to my SAR.

Then they cant justify the additional charges and also invalidates any agreement as there is no reference to any T&Cs and key financial information.

Andy

I couldn't have got this far without you all, and I'm sorry if it appears I'm leaning on you again.I don't expect you to do it all for me, but if you would kindly give me some pointers and I will fill in the gaps.I really do appreciate all that you have all done for me. Thank You so much.RegardsSignaller

Submit your defence on what myself and DB have advised, seems unlikely they will oppose it as they didn't even attend the hearing to defend the set a side.

Regards

Andy

andy and DB, thank you both for taking the time out yet again to help me. I don't think I could have done this without you. Thanks also to everyone else who has commented and helped me to date.DB - I will pop in again tomorrow about the same time (1pm). I am on nightshift Thursday so there will still be time for me to take what I will have to the Court by the deadline time. My sincere and heartfelt thanks to all of you.RegardsSignaller