What next ??

mandyjay
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4778 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I wonder if anyone can help me, with the help from this webpage I wrote to my bank Barclays asking for them to re-pay the bank charges . I received a letter back from them saying no they have done nothing wrong with charging me what they did ( I was expecting this as this site told me they would ). My question is what letter do I write back to them telling them again I am going to pursue this matter. Im hoping there is a copy of one somewhere on this site.

I copied the first letter from here Just need to know is it the same letter i send again or a different one.

Many thanks

Mandy ...

Hi MJ,

If this is about a current bank a/c, you cannot reclaim charges since the OFT Test Case was decided in favour of the banks last year.

You can still reclaim penalty charges on credit card, loan or catalogue accounts, with compounded interest.

You can also reclaim PPI with compounded interest.

8)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Mandy

If it's a Hardship claim it might be possible, there is no guarantee, but it is worth trying. Once you get your final answer, you can consider taking the matter to the FOS.

Heres a fairly good summary:- http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/bank-charges

I was told by this website that even though the banks won the court case I could still possible get my charges paid back to me..

Hi MJ,

Sorry, I should have mentioned that the only chance you have of reclaiming bank current a/c charges is if you are suffering Financial Hardship, as Rebel says above.

If so, the bank may have to consider a claim for a refund of charges.

We have a template letter here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?557-Letter-for-an-application-for-consideration-for-hardship

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)