Overdraft Limit

bloggs2006
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6464 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently gone over my over draft limit and subsequently Direct Debits and other payments have started to bounce. Being a responsible customer, I contacted the bank and asked for a temporary increase in my overdraft limit (for 2 months). I told them two months as I was in the process of selling my house (I have accepted an offer and am now waiting for the solicitors to do their thing).

They asked me to produce evidence of this at my local branch. I took the original 'offer letter' from the estate agent but Lloyds refused to accept it. They said they wanted a completion date off my solicitor.

They also tried to get me take out a loan to clear my overdraft. I refused.

I heard about this site and have read with interest, Wolfcubs story. I have had loads of charges placed on my account in the past and am wondering if anybody else has had an experience similar to this one.

I had similar experiences with Lloyds, one time I went into my branch to discuss my overdraft, I had gone over the limit by about £80 of which £70 were their charges, I was advised that the only way they could help me resolve the short term cash flow problem was to move my mortgage to Lloyds. I could not believe it at no point were my mortgage payments involved in this situation at all.

I am now in the process of reclaiming over £1000 of charges and have a parachute account, as soon as I have my money back I will get as far away as possible from them.

Good Luck.

LLOYDS TSB

4th August 06 - Data Protection Act S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

19th September 06 - Prelim sent

2nd October 06 - Standard Lloyds reply

9th October 06 - LBA sent

20th October 06 - Standard Lloyds reply

**N1 to be submitted 27th October 06**

I have actually 'taken the bait' in the past and took out a loan to repay overdrafts. But thats the top of a long downward spiral, and i dont want to go down that route. At the minute though I need an immediate resolution, so in effect lloyds have me in a corner. Think I'll take out the loan now. Pay it off when my house is sold. Startup a new bank account with someone else, then take Lloyds to court

Blogg

Dont take the loan

Open the parachute account then take lloyds for the charges. Tell them the overdraft is in dispute so they can not issue a default or register any adverse replies on the credit reference.

BUT do not take the loan. There is no need too

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

Thanks for that ISIRIS. Forgive me for sounding thick, but the way I read "open a parachute account" is open a new account ready to move all my Direct Debits, standing orders etc to if Lloyds should decide they want me to close my account with them. And that this would be to protect me against such an action on Lloyds part, which may result in my possibly being unable to even get a debit card from another bank!!?? Would my girldfriends existing account be OK if we decided to make a joint account? Would said account need to be made joint before I take any action on Lloyds?

Cheers,

Bloggs.

I have sent a secure email to Lloyds telling them I want the application for an overdraft looked at again, immediately. I have also disputed their original decision.

I also asked them for a list of charges levied on my account over the last 6 years.

I will not apply for a loan. I stated in the secure email that while they refuse to make direct debit payments, they continue to charge me on a daily basis, and that I had looked into the matter and these charges are unlawful.

Watch this space