• Tweets

• My IVA which I began in 2021 has for around a year now been passed to credit expert - I find this company and it's staff obnoxious and insensitive money grabbing monsters.  What is my legal right can I have my IVA moved to another ip what happens if Hanover sell my file?  I am ina real bad situation where my kids are unwell and this crest expert supervisor is saying I should try more than what I agreed despite my situation being very bad and kids unwell.   I feel like they are bullying me and I duh I where to turn.  I keep getting emails saying we at credit expert are in charge of your iva now but still I got messages about my review annual from Hanover which I sent documents and now I got a response from credit expert saying they think I agreed to pay more - how ludicrous is that how can I keep these bullies at bay.   Who can I complain too without messing up my IVA.  I'm going to post below what they sent me please someone help me as they are making me suicidal now. These evil people g coincidently all Indians with weak English which is another issue as communication feels like a battle each time.    Good afternoon,   We hope you are keeping well.   In accordance with the terms of your voluntary arrangement you a required to comply with the following modification:   The debtor must seek to either obtain full time employment or improve self employed income to equivalent thereof as soon as possible and a full review of the debtor’s income and expenditure must be undertaken by the supervisor. The contributions shall increase after taking into account any increased costs in respect of travel and should commence in the month following the review. If any instances of co-habitation with the debtor by any person aged 18 or over occur during the term of this arrangement and where there is reasonable expectation that board and lodging should be paid, the contribution will be added into this arrangement in full. The debtor agrees to provide an income and expenditure review in the month following any loss of child related income. Any surplus identified is to be made available immediately for the benefit of unsecured creditors in the arrangement.    In order to ensure that the terms of the voluntary arrangement are adhered to, I require you to provide evidence that you complies with the above modification along with any supporting evidence.   Alternatively, if you believe you are no longer able to comply with the modification please do inform us.   I eagerly await your response to the points raised within 14 days of the date of this email.   If you have any further queries, please contact Customer Service on ‪0800 0431 431‬ or by email at [email protected].   Thank you for your comprehension.   Plese guys advice me what I can reply as I don't have any more money for these thieves and their annual review is an annual monster nightmare how can I tell them I'm not willing to be bullied and can't paid more    تھا ks   
    • Thank you. I will send letter off to Trade Centre UK today and if I don't get anywhere then I'll contact the credit company.
    • The relevant notes with regards to Reconstituted versions of an agreement if you wish to rely on an exhibit. Waksman Reconstituted Agreements.pdf
    • thank you. I assume therefore that this would be a no to mediation. I imagine it becomes very likely I will then have to physically go to court?  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Threat of Reposession from First Plus Solicitors **SUSPENDED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4871 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hi Again

Well after a very long 4 weeks I had letters from the Solicitors at the weekend.

They made no comment about my offer of a £1000 lump sum but have rejected my offer of £100 extra payment each month.

They say that:

"With consideration to your Income & Expenditure analysis our client feels that your repayment proposal is not sufficient in the light of the sums afforded to unsecured debts and food budget. Our client feels that a revision of the Income & Expenditure Analysis would enable you to afford the contractual monthly installment plus £300 towards arrears. Were you agreeable to such a repayment plan our client would seek to proceed to secure same with a Suspended Order for Possession. In theevent that you are not agreeable to this proposal and we are not in receipt of a revised Income & Expenditure analysis with a suitable counter offer, we are instructed by our client to proceed to apply for a full Order for Possession against you."

I am at a loss - how can I alter the repayments on unsecured debts without also falling into arrears with them. Do they expect me to negotiate with other lenders so I can take their repayment money and send it to them instead.

The food bill I can justify.

All input gratelfully received. They haven't plavced a timetable on this but I expect I should respond asap.

Regards

W6

Hi Again

Well after a very long 4 weeks I had letters from the Solicitors at the weekend.

They made no comment about my offer of a £1000 lump sum but have rejected my offer of £100 extra payment each month.

They say that:

"With consideration to your Income & Expenditure analysis our client feels that your repayment proposal is not sufficient in the light of the sums afforded to unsecured debts and food budget. Our client feels that a revision of the Income & Expenditure Analysis would enable you to afford the contractual monthly installment plus £300 towards arrears. Were you agreeable to such a repayment plan our client would seek to proceed to secure same with a Suspended Order for Possession. In theevent that you are not agreeable to this proposal and we are not in receipt of a revised Income & Expenditure analysis with a suitable counter offer, we are instructed by our client to proceed to apply for a full Order for Possession against you."

I am at a loss - how can I alter the repayments on unsecured debts without also falling into arrears with them. Do they expect me to negotiate with other lenders so I can take their repayment money and send it to them instead.

The food bill I can justify.

All input gratelfully received. They haven't plavced a timetable on this but I expect I should respond asap.

Regards

W6

Hi there, typical response - you make an offer you can afford - they want more. Personally I'd write back stating that you have no intention of getting into arrears with any other debts and that you will be happy to let a judge decide what is a reasonable payment. If you need help with the letter, please let me know and I'll draft one for you. In the meantime you could make the payment of £1000 you offered, that would look good if it does go to court.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi there, typical response - you make an offer you can afford - they want more. Personally I'd write back stating that you have no intention of getting into arrears with any other debts and that you will be happy to let a judge decide what is a reasonable payment. If you need help with the letter, please let me know and I'll draft one for you. In the meantime you could make the payment of £1000 you offered, that would look good if it does go to court.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi Ell-enn

Thanks for coming back to me.

I am very afraid about going to court.

Should I send them a review of the I&E at least making it clear that I have looked at the sum allocated to food/running the house (which included provision for unexpected expenses).

I could maybe alter the offer slightly but no way am I able to go from £100 to £300 per month extra.

In your experience is it usual that they would take exception to payments to other debts and expect the customer to re-negotiate these payments?

I have got 2 loans whihc are completely up to date with an unblemished track record and I'd rather keep it that way.

I'd appreciate assistance with a draft letter to responde if you have time.

All the best

W6

Hi Ell-enn

Thanks for coming back to me.

I am very afraid about going to court.

Should I send them a review of the I&E at least making it clear that I have looked at the sum allocated to food/running the house (which included provision for unexpected expenses).

I could maybe alter the offer slightly but no way am I able to go from £100 to £300 per month extra.

In your experience is it usual that they would take exception to payments to other debts and expect the customer to re-negotiate these payments?

I have got 2 loans whihc are completely up to date with an unblemished track record and I'd rather keep it that way.

I'd appreciate assistance with a draft letter to responde if you have time.

All the best

W6

Hi there, I'll get back to you later today with a letter to send to them. No way should you offer what they want if you know you won't be able to maintain it - you will just find yourself in the same situation a few months down the line. There is no need to be afraid of attending a hearing at court - it is condicted in a private room with just the judge, youself and the other side's representative - just like a meeting. At least you would be able to put your case across and have the judge decide what is fair payment.

Hi there, I'll get back to you later today with a letter to send to them. No way should you offer what they want if you know you won't be able to maintain it - you will just find yourself in the same situation a few months down the line. There is no need to be afraid of attending a hearing at court - it is condicted in a private room with just the judge, youself and the other side's representative - just like a meeting. At least you would be able to put your case across and have the judge decide what is fair payment.

Hi, letter affixed - when you print it out make sure your printer is set for A4 paper (not Letter size) so it all stays on one page. Don't forget to take a copy and send by recorded or special delivery. Also, make sure you print off the signature receipt from the royalmail website a few days after posting - staple to your copy of the letter, we may need to produce that (and your original letter) in your defence statement if it goes to court.

Given that you are telling them you would be happy to let a judge decide - I think they might just accept your offer....

Worried 6 First Plus letter.doc

Hi, letter affixed - when you print it out make sure your printer is set for A4 paper (not Letter size) so it all stays on one page. Don't forget to take a copy and send by recorded or special delivery. Also, make sure you print off the signature receipt from the royalmail website a few days after posting - staple to your copy of the letter, we may need to produce that (and your original letter) in your defence statement if it goes to court.

Given that you are telling them you would be happy to let a judge decide - I think they might just accept your offer....

Worried 6 First Plus letter.doc

Right got that downloaded and saved.

I'll update this evening and get away by recorded tomorrow.

Do you think I should include the £1000 cheque now as a gesture and refer to that in the letter?

The solicitor has asked that all letters are sent to them rather than FirstPlus so I suppose I should send any cheque to them.

The reason I am nervous about court is that they state they will go for a full possession order I didn't think that I'd get a chance to discuss a payment proposal if it went that way.

Thanks Again

W6

Right got that downloaded and saved.

I'll update this evening and get away by recorded tomorrow.

Do you think I should include the £1000 cheque now as a gesture and refer to that in the letter?

The solicitor has asked that all letters are sent to them rather than FirstPlus so I suppose I should send any cheque to them.

The reason I am nervous about court is that they state they will go for a full possession order I didn't think that I'd get a chance to discuss a payment proposal if it went that way.

Thanks Again

W6

Please be assured that you will get a chance to discuss a payment proposal in court - no matter what they say. They are trying to scare you by saying they will go for full possession! however it's not up to them - it's up to the judge and as it is the first time this has gone to court you are almost guaranteed that the judge will not let them have possession and will suspend, especially as you have made a proposal and they have refused.

If you send the cheque with the letter you should include the sentence "To show our commitment to reducing the arrears, please find enclosed cheque number XXXX for £1,000"

Underneath your signatures at the bottom of the letter write "Enclosed cheque No XXXX"

Make sure you write your name and address and most importantly your account number, on the back of the cheque. Take a photocopy of both sides of the cheque.

Please be assured that you will get a chance to discuss a payment proposal in court - no matter what they say. They are trying to scare you by saying they will go for full possession! however it's not up to them - it's up to the judge and as it is the first time this has gone to court you are almost guaranteed that the judge will not let them have possession and will suspend, especially as you have made a proposal and they have refused.

If you send the cheque with the letter you should include the sentence "To show our commitment to reducing the arrears, please find enclosed cheque number XXXX for £1,000"

Underneath your signatures at the bottom of the letter write "Enclosed cheque No XXXX"

Make sure you write your name and address and most importantly your account number, on the back of the cheque. Take a photocopy of both sides of the cheque.

Hi There

I am in bad straits now I think.

I was a little late sending back the letter to the FP Solicitors. Meanwhile it has crossed over with a letter I got on Friday (while I was still in England working)

I don't understand what it is.

The letter is dated 9th September 2010 and states that 'We enclose herewith copy Originating Summons by way of service upon you'.

Attached to the letter is a copy legal document dated 1st September the same date of the letter I got last week rejecting my offer so they must have always decided to go to court. This document states 'Let the Defendant within 14 days after service of this summons on hin, inclusive of day of service, cause an appearnace to be entered to this summons........'

The letter rejecting my offer asked for a response but did not give a time limit on the reply - they have acted within 1 week. They are determined to take my house.

THis is stamped 'Court of Judicature - 8th September 2010' for the High Court of Justice in Northern Ireland Chancery Division.

Help Please

W6

Hi There

I am in bad straits now I think.

I was a little late sending back the letter to the FP Solicitors. Meanwhile it has crossed over with a letter I got on Friday (while I was still in England working)

I don't understand what it is.

The letter is dated 9th September 2010 and states that 'We enclose herewith copy Originating Summons by way of service upon you'.

Attached to the letter is a copy legal document dated 1st September the same date of the letter I got last week rejecting my offer so they must have always decided to go to court. This document states 'Let the Defendant within 14 days after service of this summons on hin, inclusive of day of service, cause an appearnace to be entered to this summons........'

The letter rejecting my offer asked for a response but did not give a time limit on the reply - they have acted within 1 week. They are determined to take my house.

THis is stamped 'Court of Judicature - 8th September 2010' for the High Court of Justice in Northern Ireland Chancery Division.

Help Please

W6

Thanks for the reassurance and taking time out to get in touch with me.

Hopefully Ell-en will get back soon.

I have sent my letter of response regarding the offer by e mail today and the original by recorded delivery.

I pointed out my frustration at how they have started to bully me.

However the fact is I have still been served with a Summons so I have to take this seriously. I have to enter an appearance but don't know what this means.

Yours Very W6