• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Your House Being Repossessed? - It's Never Too Late

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4872 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I remembered! letter affixed

Mortgages Charges letter.doc

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I have a bridging loan of £30k that has gone wrong and we are being repossessed on Monday 23rd August at 10.00. my hubbie does not know a thing and I am distraught - any one out there can give me some advice. I had approached for a loan two weeks ago and was told my credit rating would not allow any money and a chap at Easierdebt told me he would help me. He has left it until today to get £200 from me only to tell me at 17.23 that Link Lending solicitors Lightfoots would not revoke the order.

Has there been a court hearing for possession? if so, did you attend?

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

In brief we took out the brigde loan through Fastmoney and the required amount was £160,000 but they advised me to take out £210,000 of which they would then pay back the loan over the six months and at the end of the six months they would arrange a mortgage for us.

At the end of the six months as we had not paid the loan ourselves the recession had hit and no one would give us a loan. By the time we managed to get Santander to take on the mortgage the interest arrears were over £20k but Santander would only lend up to £210,000 the original amount of the bridge. The arrears built up due to not being able to get a mortgage as was advised.

Link Lending were not prepared to take the £210k offered and it took a lot of persuasion to get them to accept this. I was then battling to get them to reduce the interest arrears and struggling to pay the high mortgage payments we then had with Santander who became our priority to keep our home.

At the time of all this my husband was on very good money and bonus/overtime pay but due to the recession and the take over of his garage his weekly payments are very low now.

I love my husband so much and this would destroy us - we have been married 31 years and I have been a shopaholic

Can you give some background to this please. Why did the judge favour Link ? did you put in a defence to the claim for possession?

the judge said she agreed with Lightfoots as this was a bridge loan and the term had come to the end. but this is all interest charges from the time the bridge ended when they promised to get us another mortgage and then did not. We paid back the original £210k when we finally got our mortgage through Santander but by that time the interest was growing daily. We found it difficult to make payments due to our new mortgage payments

Is the mortgage with Santandar up to date?

did you make an offer of payment (i.e. a monthly amount towards the arrears?).

Is there any equity in the property?

Did you put in a written defence for the hearing you attended, if so what did you say?

Is the Santader mortgage up to date?

Would you be able to make small payments towards this debt ?

We explained the situation with our mortgage and that I had been off work with illness and so had my husband. We had been promised a loan but was refused. Therefore the judgement stated that no more hearings were to be called for unless we had definite funds to pay off the loan in place.

Are you now in a position to make any monthly payments towards the loan?

I will do anything to prevent this eviction on Monday but they will not accept any payments but the full £30k. The bailiff is booked for 10.00 but the court does not open until 10.00 so even if I go with an N244 form I could come back to the locks being changed. I have two dogs as well and no where to go

The court might actually open before 10 am - our local court desk opens at 9 am (bailiffs office at 8.30am,) but hearings don't start till 10. You would need to have a very strong case to have the eviction stopped, but it could be worth a try.

Are Santander aware of the situation?

When did you receive the eviction notice?

Our court office does not open until 10.00 and it is impossible to get through to the bailiffs office. We received the notice two weeks ago but as I was still trying to get a loan and then had this Liam Schweitz from Easierdebt advising me he would do everything to help I believed him and he strung it out until today and then said he could do no more until I gave him some money. I was desparate therefore I left work early and desposited £200 into my bank which he took off my card at 17.00 and then phone me at 17.23 to say there was nothing more I could do - this is what he wrote to the bailiffs office

I write with reference to the above case which I believe has been warranted for repossession on Monday 23/08/2010 at 10am.

I work as an appointed representative of Easier Debt and at this late hour I have been presented with this case (please find attached our authority to deal with the matter on the occupants behalf).

We respectfully request that repossession proceedings are put on hold in light of the fact that it would appear the bridging loan from Link was mis-sold by a brokerage called Finance Now. The bridge was sold on the understanding that the customers would remortgage at its closed date, however at the time the product was taken and at the closed date this was not a solution that would have been open to the Johnsons. Hence the bridging product from Link was a vehicle that Mr and Mrs Johnson were unable to at any point repay. We feel this constitutes an unfair contract and has brought us to today.

We have lodged a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) today, and would ask that until the outcome of that is known, a repossession would be most unfair. Mrs Johnson, who deals with the household finances, has not had the efficacy to deal with this matter prior to today due to mental illness, and I would respectfully ask that this is also taken into account.

In the interim period whilst we attempt to garner a verdict from the FOS Easier Debt will gladly make repayment proposals for the debt in case of the unlikely outcome that the complaint is not upheld.

I have attempted to call Lightfoots on 01844 268401 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 01844 268401 end_of_the_skype_highlighting and have sent them a copy of this email, I have also attempted to contact Brentford County Court however the line has been busy for the last hour please could you call me or email to acknowledge receipt of this communication.

So this guy took £200 from you and then wrote an email to the bailiffs office after 5pm when it closed ? That's disgraceful. He has done nothing that you could not have done yourself. What did he promise he would do when you first contacted him?

he wrote to the bailiffs office at 11.44 and to Lightfoots. He just told me blank that I would never get a loan and that his company would help me with my debts. I told him about the intended repossession and it has gone from there with the promises. He said he was waiting for my forms that did not turn up. I then tried to fax them and scan then but finally got them to him this morning when he said he could now work on my case and the rest is as stated....

I think the only thing you can do is to look through your local paper or yellow pages for solicitors who are open on Saturday mornings - ring round and perhaps you can find one who will see you as an emergency. Take all paperwork you have relating to the loan and also the court proceedings. A solicitor may just be able to do something before 10am on Monday.

I'm so sorry that Easierdebt wasted precious days and money when you could have been getting proper legal advice.

Also, you really must sit your husband down tomorrow and tell him the situation - please don't leave it any longer, I'm sure that after over 30 years together your relationship is strong enough to weather this.

rocco1010 has been moved to a thread of his own.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?274504-rocco1010-Urgent-Help-required-Repossession-date-26-August-2010

Any help would be appreciated.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thank you, letter gone off, Recorded Delivery of course. ;-)

Just a little update on the claiming back of the arrears charges.

As I had heard nothing and the 8 weeks has passed, I rang the OC today on their free phone number of course. They initially said that they could not find my letter, and when I told them that Joe Bloggs had signed for it on xx/06/2010 it was immediately found as an electronic attachment to my account.

I have had no reply or even an acknowledgement as at today, and the agent could not offer me a suitable explanation. I had to firmly state that the charges were unlawful and if they did not refund the full amount then I would go to the FOS which would cost about £500 to them.

The agent spoke to a supervisor who said that they would contact the solicitors dealing with it, and get them to answer my letter asking for the charges back. I rang the solicitor and they said we will email the OC and get them to deal with it. Anyway after a lot of hassle, I rang the OC again and made a formal complaint about them not acting on it, and I have been told that someone will contact myself within the next 24 - 48 hours.

I also stated to them that the Judge had made an order for X amount per month, to be be paid off a total of X amount arrears over X amount of months (The remaining mortgage term) As they are still charging me £50 a month management fee, there is no way that the arrears could be paid off at the rate that the court ordered as they are swallowing £600 a year for doing sweet FA - So the gloves are now off and if necessary I shall go back to court and let the Judge rule how to pay it in future.

When you receive that letter you need to write a letter of complaint to the FOS enclosing a copy. They will then take up your complaint with the lender.