Poundstillpayday help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4741 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have a payment due to this company on the 28th. I have cancelled my direct debit and hope to eventually deal with the DCA assigned. My worry is that if somehow the payment is made, by debit card for example, i wont be able to reloan and it will leave me completely skint for a month. I dont remember them asking for debit card details as they use direct debit??? Has anyone cancelled a DD with them recently?

cheers for any help

Hi there, I had a loan with ptpd and got into the position of having to pay off and reloan every month - in the end I cancelled my direct debit with them and cancelled my debit card (got a replacement one). They hassled me for a while and then passed my details to Clarity who set up a payment plan with me without any bother. As far as I can remember you cant roll the loan over, so I guess you are in the same position as I was - just stop paying and then set up a payment plan with Clarity that you can afford. Hope that helps.

hi yes thats great just need to make sure they cant take anything on thursday, have emailed a proposed payment pla, wonga accepted niine months straight away. Have stopped my card and cancelled the DD, as a precaution i have set up a bank transfer of my salary into my instant access savings for the same day so hopefully the transfer will happen when my salary goes in.

thanks for your help!

Once you cancel your direct debit they will keep calling you they dont have payment plans, they will add £59.00 charge for passing it over to a debt collection company remember you pay the loan amount and 1 months interest!

They will then pass the debt over to Clarity which will accept anything

They just called me and told me to ring the bank and cancel the DD (way ahead of you!). She then said they dont accept payment plans over three months and that after 8 weeks it would go to a DCA. She gave their bank details to make a token payment and informed me that an account manager would ring next week

so far so good!

• 1 month later...

Once you cancel the DD with PT, they won’t be able to take payment. The only way they could take payment if you have given them your debit card over the phone to make payment. PTP will keep in touch with you as you owe them money and probably will give your file to a debt collection agency and you will need to decide if this is worth the hassle or to deal directly with PTP. You can contact the Payment Services Department of Pounds Till Payday on 0800 234 69 55.