#Utilities : British gas - attempted to gain access to my house

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4755 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey everybody,

Please see this letter:

I’m writing to complain about the appalling level of service received from British gas in the past two years paying specific attention to that of the events listed below.

I wish to reiterate that the below is a duplicate, as I initially sent my letter of complaint to you and four other departments on 11th January 2011, yet I am still waiting for a response to these serious issues, which I simply requested within 14 days of receipt of my letter. I am deeply saddened and disgusted that your company simply ignored all my correspondence, and wish that you re-evaluate your customer service response team.

On Monday 10th January, after receiving a letter from your complaints department dates 16th December 2009 I made an attempt to contact, of which failed, due to the name of the sender of the letter not being present.

During the early afternoon I noticed a black Golf car drive up and down my road and then pull up at the end of my drive. Upon answering the door to this person I was told he was here from British Gas to disconnect my Gas and Electric. This individual when asked, could not provide any Identification. Naturally I was concerned as to whether this was legitimate, as this individual was not wearing a Uniform, had not ID and was not in a British Gas car / Van. When I advised that he was not allowed into property he simply responded that he knew where the metres were anyway. After becoming increasingly scared by the manner of this individual’s tone and the safety of my property, I closed the door in his face and locked my door.

After several moments, this ‘representative’ started banging heavily and abruptly on my door, at this point I then noticed your British Gas representative started to peer through my Kitchen window, I walked into my living room, to which he entered my back garden, trespassing on my property to peer through my living room.

At the point I was extremely scared, being home alone and severely asthmatic, I ended up hiding in my own property shedding tears of sheer fear.

Upon all events becoming quiet, I had noticed that this representative sat in his car for approximately 10 minutes until driving away.

I immediately contacted the police on a 999 call, the incident number being M005231 who advised my to look all the doors and windows and remain out of view.

The police arrived at my property and immediately contacted British Gas on my behalf to question if this was a legitimate British Gas Representative.

PC Melissa Davies of Mold police station was advised that there was no contact down for myself, although the status of my account could warrant a call.

I can not believe that British Gas have allowed a representative to trespass on my property, peer into my house without any due consent, cause myself to suffer from an asthma attack, and make a young woman feel intimidated and frightened in her home.

I made Kathryn Williams aware of this situation as I had been in contact with her earlier on in the day, and the only apology received was that of, sorry for any distress caused. I find that statement to be unfair as I believe a more formal apology should be received.

I wish for you to confirm whether or not this visit was legitimate and what you are prepared to do to compensate me for this event including spending 3.5 hours of my time after the visit trying to sort this matter out.

This is quite simply your final chance to respond to this serious complaint, of which I want a response within 14 days of receipt of this letter. Failure to do so will result in Ofgem being contacted along with all local press.

This obviously is now the second letter, and i've still not received a response, despite sending 5 different letters to 5 different departments on both occasions.

Can anybody tell me what to do next?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, it wasn't up to date becuase i didn't understand how the billing process worked. They installed a metre and agreed a repayment plan with me!

They have contacted me and offered me £50.00 to say sorry. Not sure what to do?