Welcome Finance : what to do!

stuggling
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4786 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, i got a loan from Welcome Finance back in December 2005, for 1500 they put medical insurance on and payment protection insurance. at the time i had a 7 month old baby and was working part time 16 hours a week,

In Feb 06 my hours were changed to 12 hours and i had to take alot of time of because my son was ill and had no one to look after him, in April i decided to become a full time mum. I told this to welcome and got no response. In the end i went to CAB and got help they told me to stop paying welcome the £27 a week i was paying and cancel all the medical insurance of which i did but they continued to charge, she then told me why i havent claimed on my ppi i told her i didnt think to.

We then tried to but got told that because i gave up my job and that i worked less then 16 hours a week not entiteld to it but yet i was still paying it :???:

In the end they got 20 a month but this stopped as they refused to cancel the policy so what i paid a month didn't even cover and it was just mounting up as they refused to freeze interest, the last i herd from them was in 2007.

The other week i got a letter of McKenzie Hall saying i owe £2574.55 they sent the original contract i signed over (i cant upload it as i don't have a scanner or anything like it)

but it reads =

total amount of credit= 2103.18

amount of credit for insurance =603.18

amount of cash in advanced =1500.00

duration =36months

amount of monthly payments 107.35

(to be paid one month after the date of agreement and then on the same date every month

other financial information

medicare 24 =50.00

optional payment protection insurance -553.18

total cash price = 603.18

total charge fro credit =1761.41

acceptance fee = 75.00

interest charge = 1686.41

rate of interest =51.1% variable by giving you 14 days notice

i started paying the loan one week after singing it, and i have only just notice the interest is variable, i thought they had gone into administration but was informed by McKenzie hall they had been brought over by another company, I spoke to FSA as they have ongoing cases with them and was told to claim back the ppi and the medicare 24, now i get letters say pay it all now!! no change i offered them 1pcm as my partner has only just returned to work and we have 4 children and other debts that are more important eg rent . I also checked my credit report and welcome updated to saying i owe over £5500!!! but i have a letter saying i only owe £2574.55! no idea what to do!

right you need to do two things>>>>

one STOP TALKING to the fleecers on the phone ...never ever talk to dca's on the phone - esp mucky hall they'll fleece you blind.

two. do some reading of a few threads here - welcome owe you big time i suspect....

cancel the PPI and get reclaiming

i bet you have heeps of unlawful charges too luike letter/phone/cats died etc etc.

look at the FCFS link too up the top of the homepage .

dont worry there is nowt they can do to you.

can you SAR welcome please

or have you got ALL the statements already?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i have asked for the claim form over a week ago, but they had my old address? but got debt letters to new address?? she took new address but nothing also everything has been cancelled was ment to be back in may 07 but app lost everything that was sent to cancel i even remember the blokes name who i dealt with to sort it all! this is stoppin us getting credit for a car we need :(

sar is subject access request

look in the library tab green up the top

you dont ask for a reclaim form

you do it yourself

pop along to the PPI forum

there are loads of threads there and here about how to reclaim PPI from welcome

also see the sticky up the top of the PPI forum 'notes for claimants.

do some reading you'll get the idea.

once you've reclaimed ppi and charges etc , you'll prob be able to get many of the defaults removed too.

dx

and they

i jave just found out that the debt agency collecting this debt did 2 credit checks on me in this year already are they allowed to do this??? it states they did it for outstanding debt but did a credit search on me